Chapter 4

Loid's POV:

last night's kiss, I can't forget it. i can't forget how it made me feel alright...at home. like nothing is missing. like I never lost anything or anyone. like my scars are invisible. it was good to the point that I am daydreaming about it in my office during my break time. but my chain of thoughts break with the knock on the door as receptionist comes in.

"yes, what is it?" I try to look as composed as I can be.

"sir, this lady is here and she demands to have a meeting with you immediately."

"but Its my break time and all my schedule is packed for today, tell her to take an appointment first." but before she could turn back I saw a woman with platinum blonde hair entering my office. i had a feeling I knew her but couldn't recall anything from my memory.

"ma'am please wait outside-" the receptionist pleaded

"It's alright Katherine, I can have a word with her for a while." I gestured to the receptionist to leave us alone. the woman looked around and sat confidently in the chair in front of me without my offer. 

"you have become so good at pretending loid forger" she spoke before I could start the conversation.

"excuse me miss... do I know you?" I asked hesitant but she scoffed in reply.

"you don't need to play tricks with me loid I know you too well."

her words were creating more confusion and knot of uneasiness in my stomach what was she trying to do? what was she trying to say?  just look at her with a lot of questions in my eyes and none reaching my tongue.

"oh my god, I think you aren't going to speak here. probably another stupid mission of yours." her words were loaded with sarcasm. she stood up and almost threw a card at the table that I took in my hand.  name and address were written on it by hand,

"Meet me there at 9 pm, it is important."

*****

Yor's POV:

"mama mama, I want ice cream. mama please" Anya started pleading again. this was the fifth time she had thrown a tantrum after I picked her up from school. loid texted he would be home late and I already ordered dinner for us but she was fixated on getting an ice cream from her favorite ice cream shop when she was supposed to be sleeping.

"Can we get ice cream tomorr-" but before I could finish my sentence she broke down into tears. "okay okay, wear your coat we're going." I gave up and the smile that took place on her face was incredible. I couldn't resist but hug her.  

in a few minutes, we were both outside. She was jumping around and walking on the pavement all excited and giddy while I was scared she might fall. In 5 minutes we reached our destination. 

"Mama Mama I am all grown up now I will order my ice cream," she exclaimed. I nodded along to her request with a proud smile on my face. I looked around giving her time and comfort to place the order. hats when my eyes landed on two figures sitting on the bench in the park outside. they looked like a sweet couple laughing at some jokes and then the woman kissed the man and their faces were no longer in shadows. my heart dropped in my chest, I looked away. but I couldn't stop playing that scene over and over again in my head. Loid, how could you do that to me?