three

♪ ♫ ♪

"good morning los angeles! i've got good news and bad news about today's weather. we've got clear sunny skies with rising temperatures all afternoon. but in the late evening there's a 70 percent chance of thunderstorms." i spoke into the microphone, "so enjoy the warmth while it lasts and don't forget to wear spf folks! up next is hot to go by chappell roan." i muted the microphone and cued the song, pushing one side of headphones off of my ear.

two weeks ago was when i saw spencer last.
two weeks ago he was in my loft.
two weeks ago we traded numbers and made plans for a movie night.
tonight was that night.
to say say i was nervous was an understatement. yes, spencer's been over before but that this time it's different. maybe it's that fact that in supposed to pick the movie or maybe it's because i'm not sure if this is a date or not.

♪ ♫ ♪

as the day wears on it has become unbearably hot in the studio, so i've been taking the time to stock the newest shipment of vinyls onto the shelves.
i realized this whole time i've been chewing on my lip while thinking about which movie to watch. spencer wanted me to text me so he can bring "the right snacks."
i remember him mentioning to me that hot rod made him laugh, so i pulled out my phone to text him;

spence 🎮

hey! i think we should hot rod tonight

yo i love that one!
is popcorn an okay snack?

that sounds perfect, spence

great i'll see ya tonight!

can't wait :)

♪ ♫ ♪

later that evening, i'm ringing up the final customer as spencer walks in with an oversized grey sweatshirt and flannel pyjama pants, carrying a large bucket of movie theatre popcorn. i finish up locking the store and leading up to the loft making small talk with him.
"you can make yourself at home, i'm going to change into something more comfortable." i say, turning to my dresser and grabbing nike shorts and a large t-shirt before heading to the bathroom to change.
i came out to see him already cueing up the movie, i plop down next to him and take his sweatshirt from his lap and grabbed the blanket off the back of the couch and spread it over our legs.

as the movie progresses, the storm outside begins to brew. flashes of lightning and the sound of thunder rip through the sky. i really didn't want it to show that i was scared of the thunder but as it moved closer overhead, the bangs got louder causing me to flinch.
spencer shifts to face me, "you okay?"
"yeah, sorry the noise just startled me." i say, pulling down the sleeves of his sweatshirt over my hands. he carefully wraps his arm around my shoulder pulling me into his side and fixed the blanket in our laps. no words were spoken, which i'm grateful for as i don't think i'd be able to form a sentence. he turned his attention back to the movie, but not before he gives my upper arm a gentle squeeze of reassurance.

♪ ♫ ♪

later when the lighting lights up the loft and the thunder roars through the sky, spencer pulls me closer and says, "i'm here, it's okay bee."

♪ ♫ ♪

ry speaks!
uh oh new chapter alert! officially have two exams left, but there both english classes so i don't have to cram study for them, which means more chapters!