seven

♪ ♫ ♪

good morning los angeles, today's another sunny day with warm temperatures and cooling off in the evening. today's song requested by a lovely fan melaine, she's dedicating this one to her new boyfriend. this is lovesick by laufey.

i let the song play as i stepped out of the both, stopping at the front counter to sort through the mail. there was one envelope with my full name scrawled across it. curious who it could be from, i carefully tore it open, it was an invitation from spencer;

i quickly shot a text to spencer to let him know that i'd be willingly to be his plus one to the smosh event

i quickly shot a text to spencer to let him know that i'd be willingly to be his plus one to the smosh event. after hitting send i realized i really didn't have anything to wear. i look over at lizzy, the new hire, with a grimace.

"what's wrong phoebe, you look...i don't even know what you look like right now." she asks, with slight concern in her eyes.

"this guy i'm seeing just invited me to his work event, and i literally have nothing to wear. and i have to wear makeup to look presentable, but i don't even know...i guess i'm freaking out a little bit." i exclaimed in a rush, running my hands through my hair, "and don't even get me started on my hair, how do you even do hair for a work event?"

"look the shop's not that busy, i can queue up some good songs, and you will hit up the mall and find something to wear."

"but..." i start to say.

"no buts! and once you're back i'll help you with your hair and makeup, okay?"

"okay." i sigh in defeat as she grabs my shoulders and turns me towards the front door.

♪ ♫ ♪

after an overstimulating time at the mall, i've finally gotten a dress and some shoes, upon entering the record store, lizzy looks up from the computer and laughs at my expression.

"did you have fun?" she asks me with a bright grin.

"no, i hate the mall. i think i shopping for dresses is as almost as bad as trying on jeans, and don't even get me started on the shoes. why is it so hard to find my size?" i say as i lock up the store and turn off the open sign.

"well, at least you found something right? now let's get you upstairs to get you dolled up. look at you going out on the town!" lizzy's got a shit-eating grin, she knows i'm a homebody that doesn't get out much. come to think of it, i've only recently been leaving my place since spencer and i started talking.

her and i sit in my bathroom for the next 2 hours as she buzzes around me, taming my mop of hair in pretty waves and does what she claims as "clean girl" makeup, which i don't really understand but at least i look pretty.

once she's done, lizzy leaves me to get dressed, i step out of the bathroom to show off to her. she gasps in delight as i giver her a little twirl, the navy blue satin gently swirling against my ankles.