Epilogue

Honeyfrost stared at Frostpaw's body, hoping too much that she wasn't dead, just unconscious. But she knew she was wrong, deep inside her. Her eyes hurt from crying too much, but she needed to in order to feel like she had been grieving properly.

     Snowdrop nudged her.

     "Let's go home. We are almost there. I see camp." Snowdrop murmured, then picked up Frostpaw's scruff and dragged her along.

Why did I try to attack Snowdrop? If I didn't, Frostpaw would still be alive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Silverpaw, now Silverfur, pushed her way out of the nursery, her belly swollen with Pebblebreeze's kits when she heard a rustle at the camp entrance. She waved her tail in greeting at Sunpaw, now Sunstroke, who was helping the elders by fetching some water.

     Silverfur plunged out of camp and found Snowdrop with an unfamiliar golden-colored she-cat whose eyes were puffy from crying. Snowdrop was carrying a ragged lump of fur, and when she looked closer, it was Frostpaw with a slit on her throat.

     "Move aside, Silverpaw." Snowdrop said through a mouthful of fur.

     "It's Silverfur now." Silverfur retorted as she grumpily moved aside.

     A cry of grief and surprise echoed from in camp and Silverfur shoved her way back into camp. Oakstar was huddled by Frostpaw's body, paw pressed on Frostpaw's head.

     "I-I shall change Frostpaw's name into a warrior one. She deserves it." Oakstar muttered, then said, his voice echoing across every wall, "I ask my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has learned the warrior code and has given up her life in the service for her clan. Let StarClan receive her as a warrior. She will be known as Frostflower, a flower that blooms in our hearts that never forgets."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     The newly named Frostflower felt her own loss sharpen again as she watched her clanmates bury her body. A soft paw touched hers and she looked up from the Moonpool to see Riverpaw sitting beside her, an understanding look in his eyes.

     "I have a message that you must pass on to Oakstar, Frostflower." Riverpaw mewed. Frostflower sat up straighter, her sorrow momentarily forgotten, "As the frosted flower fades away, her kin will bring peace to the Clans as tension rises from an unknown enemy. "

     "Okay..." Frostflower mewed and tapped the Moonpool with her nose and ushered herself into the dreams of Oakstar.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Oakstar cried out as a shadowy creature grasped her tail and yanked, sending him sprawling. A soft light faded in in front of him and she ran to it as fast as he can to get out of this shadowy world. Oakstar's nose touched the light and it turned into a cat, her nose on his as his surroundings brightened. Oakstar nearly cried out in happiness: it was Frostflower!

     Frostflower stepped back and looked into his eyes with deep seriousness.

     "I have a message from StarClan, Father." Frostflower mewed, then recited, " As the frosted flower fades away, her kin will bring peace to the Clans as tension rises from an unknown enemy.

     Oakstar jolted awake. A kin of Frostflower... Silverfur's kits! They were due to arrive soon. What was that prophecy about? It sounded like the end of ThunderClan...