4.

RUN BOY RUNchapter four

RUN BOY RUN
chapter four.

that morning miwa ren woke up to the sound of the air swishing as a bat flung back and forth in the small space between left between the twin and bunk beds. feeling foggy as he sat up, blinking away the sleep in his eyes, he felt heavier than normal due to the lack of sleep.

"ah, good morning, miwa-kun!" kijima rei stops in his tracks, the bat still mid-swing as he notices the groggy first-year slowly emerge from below his blanket nest.

miwa ren nods half asleep in response, taking in his surroundings, trying to understand the situation better than he did. see, he had never been a morning person and with only two hours of sleep, it certainly didn't help his brain clear faster.

"it's seven, classes start in an hour so you should hurry." the second-year smiles, placing the shiny metal bat to lean against his sleeping quarters. "i would've woken you sooner but ryou-san said not to, that you had trouble sleeping."

too many words too quickly and ren understood about three of them all put together. he yawned, stretching out his arms. he looked down, noting the sweaty older boy standing below him. who in their right mind would practise this early, and with classes to go to right after? miwa ren did not understand the feelings one felt for something they loved yet he still thought training so greatly for it was a bit odd.

"okay." said miwa ren, holding back from nodding back off. "anything else?" the world kept on blurring around him just like most mornings.

"breakfast is gonna be stopped being served in around twenty and later, i can show you to class if you'd like. practise starts right after class, you're in the third string right now." how could someone speak so much so early in the goddamn morning?

miwa ren almost scoffed, finding it funny how kijima had added right now in his wording as if it hadn't been ren himself who'd requested to not be put in games. he was pleased, honestly, this meant no one was looking at him as anything extraordinary the way many had told him he was.

"got it, you can go on ahead then." silence, "unless there was something else you needed?"

"oh, no. uhm, there should still be one or two people in the cafeteria if you need directions. i'm in class 2-B on the second floor if you have any questions." kijima spattered his words together as he threw on his jacket and scrambled together a pile of thick colourful books. "your schedule should be among the things i gave you yesterday, though you should go to the faculty office before class so your homeroom teacher can walk you." he continued on, his words becoming one long line of gibberish. squeezing in a singular white towel atop his books, he zippers closed his bag, hoisting it on his shoulder. "i'll go then. be careful." and he was gone, just like that, before letting miwa ren let out another word. the second year seemed to be in a hurry yet he'd still somehow been considerate enough to wait for ren to wake. he was strange, that one, at least so thought miwa ren. he hadn't found himself surrounded by the most considerate people very often.