CHAPTER 1.

PROLOGUE.

In a world where technology and tradition coexisted, the tribes of Nigeria thrived. The Hausas, Yorubas, Igbos, Efiks, Ijaws, Edos, Kanuris, Ogonis, and many other tribes, each with their unique strengths, built a society that was the envy of the world. Advanced fleets of ships, floating cities existed throughout the landscape, their sleek designs incorporating traditional archetypes ,cities buzzed with the sounds of bartering in various tribal languages. A huge strong wall guarded it and the armies were always on guard.
This was a long forgotten fact...many years passed and it was as though many people had no idea that this country which is now struggling, was once a great nation.

Ima, a sixteen year old girl discovers this secret from her grandmother, a traditionalist who uses the power of juju to teleport her back in time to this long lost era.
*                    * *

CHAPTER 1

My family had just moved to Lagos state, leaving behind the familiar sights and sounds of our old home. Excitement and nervousness filled the air as we embarked on this new chapter of our lives.

In the new school i got admitted into, i effortlessly made friends with everyone i came across.But little did i know, my welcoming aura caught the attention of the most popular guy in school. His admiration for me sparked jealousy .Tensions rose, and soon, a clash erupted between i and jealous Ayomide, the school's mean girl.

As emotions ran high and friendships were tested, I found myself at the center of a storm i never anticipated. It was a pivotal moment that would set the course for my journey of self-discovery, cultural exploration, and the debunking of stereotypes.