Chapter 7

I woke up to a scent of familiarity. I was in a room. A room full of memories, both the good and the bad. Blinded by millions of daffodils on the warm blanket wrapped tightly around my weak body, I woke. I was back in Jeremiah's room. 

As I slowly got up from his bed, for a split second, his powerfully attractive abs took my mind off of reality. Off of what my mum was going through. Off of what we were all going through. 

"Morning Bells, how are you doing?" Asked Jeremiah gently. His eyes were just as puffy as mine. Without another word, I bursted into tears once again as the sun rose up and reality hit me. I felt so cared for and so safe, but what had struck me with agonising pain is that he is here for me, holding me in his arms. Me on the other hand, when he was going through the exact same thing, I was in school, daydreaming about Conrad. I felt so sorry, for both me and him, but yet I couldn't bring it up, or even choke up the words for that matter.

I know this would be a tough year for me. Nothing else was on my mind. Nothing but the fear of losing my mum. Taylor had occasionally come by to check-up on me, but I couldn't muster up the courage to pour all my emotions out to her, knowing the replies of sympathy I would get in return. So instead, I pretended everything was okay, that I had gotten over the fact that my mum is dying, that I was back doing everything I used to care about again. But deep down, the hole in my stomach would never heal, the worry and remorse for not spending more time with my mum before, for not being as close to her as I want now more than ever. The only person who knows how I actually feel is Jeremiah, because he's always with me during my breakdowns, he's with me at my best, and with me at my worst. He is the only one who can truely empathise with what I'm going through.