Chapter 2

The journey was short, and despite that, Gojira had quickly grown weary of looking over his shoulder and listening to the small sniffles of the child, and over the sniffles, the small rustles in the woods, the grass, and the biosignatures around. Any sharp movement from anything at all drew his attention.

The sun had begun its descent. By then, the child had exhausted itself crying, and was asleep. Gojira looked around. He was sure that there was a cave... Ah, there it was. A rocky extension from the coast, and a bay that lead to a cave. Given that this is the furthest part of the island, he thought that it would suffice until he can come up with an alternate plan. For now, he had none. When he had arrived to the island, he expected to see the tool-builders handling themselves, not being wiped out with their last member now under his care.

As he pondered, he waded into the bay, then swam for a little before his feet touched rock. He ducked into the cave entrance, which opened up into a cavern. The shallow water splashed around him as he walked, climbing out of the water and onto dry stone. He placed the child down, then gently nudged him, rolling him upright so he doesn't sniff the water he had splashed onto the stone. The child was still out cold from the sobbing. He went to the other side of the cave, then shook the water off of him.

Thinking about alternatives was not going to help now. He needed to deal with the child. What can he even do? Wait, the child's cord was still protruding out of the belly. Was he just born? He remembered his hatchlings, and how hungry they would be post birth. He shuddered, remembering how they seemed to run all over the place and eat everything in sight. Leave the offspring alone and they'll bite your dorsals off!

He sighed and waded back into the waters. While the land area was now festering with skull crawlers, the in-land waters should be teeming with life. Time to hunt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragging the corpse of a giant squid was harder than he thought. Of course, killing it wasn't an issue. Grabbing it by a tentacle, let it try to swallow him whole, then use the Starfire to burn it to a crisp from the inside out. The meat gets cooked too, to prevent any infections. Of course, dragging a corpse through the water is bound to infect it somewhat, but it was something a titan child should be able to handle. He reached past the cave, into the bay, then stretched up over the water again once his feet slammed into rock. He looked around. The child was awake, huddling in a corner, looking up, down and around as if confused. He then looked at Gojira. He started to panic once more, stumbling against the wall and trying to climb it. The wall being wet, he just fell down again, and again. He then turned to Gojira, then cooed.

Wait, no, that was a growl. The kid's vocal cords was barely kicking in at this point, so pardon him for the confusion. The child pounded his chest, before dropping down to all 4s and retreating to a further corner. He then turned and growled at Gojira.

Gojira let out a huff, or as humans may call it, a sigh.

He bit off a piece of the squid, then was about to throw the rest at the child, before pausing.

How much could a tool-builder child even eat? Gojira's offspring were often times hungry, and required Gojira himself to not eat for many years and give his catch of the day to them whenever he could. Back in the day, there were many big fish, blessed with the same blessing as titans and growing large enough to deter most predators. When it came to normal animals, they were impressive. To a Gojira, it was a medium size snack. To a clutter of offspring, 4 big fishes were needed at any one time. Needless to say, he and his fellow Gojiras were busy then...