Chapter 2: Homeroom

POV: APHMAU

Amara had very sensitive ears and she held my hand very tightly, so I held her had back comforting her. There was so much chaos in the school. We continued to walk through when we saw kids stand in front of three tables with big signs saying ID, Help and sign in. We were very confused about where to stand. I saw a teacher and decided to go talk to him even though I was socially awkward. I decided to face my fear. I went to him and asked him where to stand

"Oh, you must be a freshman, welcome to Phoenix Drop high school. Which middle school do you come from?"

"A-actually I was homeschooled with my sister over there." I said pointing at Amara.

"Oh well do you any childhood friends here you could talk to?"

"N-no we actually moved but moved back recently and I don't remember any of them."

"Well now is not the time to be friendless well do you have any friends at all?"

"W-well no, just me and my sister but I do have friends but online."

"Oh, you poor socially awkward child."

"Hey, you don't have to say it so loud" I exclaimed.

"Ha-ha well let me explain how the school system works, all the students are currently in the orientation room picking up their packages, did your parents pre-register you and your sister?"

"I think so."

"Excellent well the you guys will have pick it up to find out your homerooms and classmates."

"Well thank you very much sir and enjoy the rest of your day."

"Goodbye"

Thank Irene that conversation was over, it was so awkward and the way he talked so loud is bit embarrassing but the again more embarrassing things could happen to me. Let's hope the rest of the day goes smoothly.

POV: AMARA

I was listening to their conversation when I heard Aphmau coming, and I acted normal.

"You heard the conversation, didn't you?" she said a bit embarrassed.

"Yep, that was a bit of an embarrassing conversation. I even got secondhand embarrassment from listening to that, but my favorite part probably was where he said oh my poor socially awkward child." I said a bit teasingly.

"Shut up" she said annoyed. We then went and stood in the queue that we needed to stand in. Once we were done, the bell rang meaning it was time to go to our homeroom.

"Come on follow me" Aphmau said confidently looking at her schedule. 

"Are you sure you're not the best at directions sis?"

"Of course I am, what's so hard about finding a classroom" she said smiling and I nodded hesitantly know she is not good directions at all. We walked for about five minutes and I realized we have been walking in circles for the past 3 minutes.

"Aph, we have walking in circles for the past 3 minutes I can smell our scent."

"Ugh why do I have to be bad at directions." Aph said frustrated. We decided to sit in the hallways to clear our heads.

"Don't worry Aph we'll get to class eventually.

"Maybe I can be of assistance" In front of us stood a brunette with icy blue eyes staring into mine, he looked like an angel.

"Y-yeah, we w-were having trouble finding our h-homeroom. I said stuttering. Great I'm as bad as Aphmau with that Garroth dude.