𝟏𝟏 , 𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚑

( 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 ) ✽𐬺𐬿
𐬻𐬾 𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐑 | 𝚓𝚘𝚑𝚗 𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚗.

( 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 ) 彡 ✽𐬺𐬿༅❧⁂シ𐬻𐬾 𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐑 | 𝚓𝚘𝚑𝚗 𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚗

// JOHN SAT IN THE B-17 AS THE COMMAND PILOT, his appointed position. Looking out the small window, he watched as planes got ready to take flight.

He turned his attention to the inside pocket of his jacket — well, not his jacket, he traded the sheepskin, because Buck didn't like it. Hated it actually. Egan's gloved hand reached into the pocket, pulling out the grayscale photo of Evelyn he had taken, a memory of his favourite night with her.

His thumb ran over the photograph, taking in the beauty that is Evelyn Thompson — taking the now flavourless gum out of his mouth, sticking it to the back of the photo and sticking it so he had direct view of it and could easily grab it.

Their B-17 made its way to the air strip, picking up speed as the wheels picked up off the ground and the plane took flight.

——————

// EVELYNS MIND REELED WITH NERVES, she knew the chances of most the men coming back weren't very high, that didn't help to ease her. But she held hope that some — one in particular — would come back.

She weaved her hands together, pacing the Triage section. It was empty — no nurses, no men, most injured were either healed just enough to fly or sent home, or just dead.

Sandra walked in with a solemn expression, feeling sympathetic for her friend — she knew Evelyn worried for Egan, that was obvious, she knew Evelyn wished she was up there with the, maybe providing extra help, but even then there wasn't much she could do.

"Evelyn?" She called out gently, which went into one ear and out the other, Sandra walked forward carefully, "Evelyn, darling. This isn't helping anyone, especially not you."

Evelyn pressed a hand to her forehead, "I know, I know. But...I just. I need him to come back. He needs to come back, Sandra." She said in a quiet voice, which gave her the realization of how much Egan did truly mean to her.

"I know, darling." Sandra comforted with words, along with wrapping an arm around the girl, which Evelyn leaned into.

—————

// THE FLAK DESTROYED ENGINES AND SHIPS, engines two, three and four were down in the commanding plane, and emotions ran high as men were being taken down one by one.