Thoughts

I laid in bed, staring at the ceiling and hoped that the answer would show up randomly on it. After Livvy and Peyton left this morning, I did nothing else for the rest of he day but thought about it.

"I'll give you a couple of days to think about it. Text me if you will or you won't, but if you want to and can't because of your," she dropped her bag to do air quotations,"mom, we can think of something." She picked up her bag and turned to Peyton.

"Yeah. We'll think of something. And again, your eighteen. You can make your own decisions yourself. It doesn't always have to be your mother making them," she said, rolling her blue eyes.

I sighed and wished that my mother was different. "I want to, guys, but this-"

I was cut off from a wave of Livvy's hand. "Then go with us."

"But-" I start but was cut off again from a different voice.

"Girls! Livvy's father is here to pick you guys up!" my mom yelled from down the stairs.

Their eyes roamed to the hallway out of my door and back to me. I knew that they wouldn't move unless I gave them an answer.

Shaking my head, I put my hands on my hips. "I guess I'll go."

In all honesty, I really wanted to go. I wanted to see the face behind the screen that I've been talking to for two years. If only my mother would understand how much I want to meet Jayce.

They squealed in joy, dropped their bags, and tackled me into a bear hug. It was like we were in elementary again. Falling to our knees on my red carpet, I tried getting out.

"This is going to be the trip of our lives," Peyton mumbled into my shoulder.

We broke apart and they got back up and picked up their stuff once again. They both wore happy smiles on their faces and the excited glint in their eyes.

"I can't make any promises that my mom will approve, but I'll do my best to go," I said.

Thinking back on that now really made me wonder if I really wanted to see Jayce or not. It could go horrible or it could go well. Either way, this is a big risk I'm taking, but it's the best I've got.

Rolling over and covering myself with the big, blue cover, I stared at my desk. It was a mess, but light shines on my laptop, making it more tempting to open. I groaned and stood up to grab my laptop. I silently tried to lock my door because if my mom saw me, I'd get it taken away. When I opened it and sat down, typed in my password and my screensaver popped up. It was a photo of Peyton, Livvy, and I at New York. It was our favorite part of our senior trip. We were huddled up by a rail and the Statue of Liberty stood right by us.

I clicked on Internet Explorer and the Google search bar popped up. Struggling to place my hands on my keyboard, I felt my heart beat pace up. My fingers graze the keyboard before I typed: Jayce Chambers.

My finger moved to the enter button, but I couldn't press it. Come on, Raven. I swallowed. It's just like ripping a band-aid off. My long finger nail touched the key and I quickly pressed down on it. It started buffering.

It was taking so long. "Hurry up," I mumble to myself.

A creak down the hall made me jump, shut my laptop, quickly tiptoe toward my bed, and pull the covers over me. Whoever that was, I could hear that they were heading down the stairs. Every thump one every step gave it away.

I knew that it was too risky to go back and look him back up. I guess the mystery is still going to be alive for a bit longer. Shutting my eyes, I fell into a deep slumber.