| 2 | at night

"Ivy, baby, come 'ere" Taylor shouted from the kitchen, pouring the warm milk into Ivy's sippy cup just as she arrived at her side. The two year old was already freshly bathed and clad in her pink fluffy jammies ready to go to bed.

She raised her arms to try reach for her cup, "Mommy please?" Taylor pushed back the hair off of Ivy's forehead whilst she reached down to hand the plastic cup to her daughter. Ivy took a sip from the bottle before lifting her arms back above her head, "Up? Cuddle?"

"'Course baby, you tired? Ready for bed?" Taylor asked as she walked them up the stairs and into her own bedroom, sitting them in the middle of her bed then resting the younger girls head on her shoulder so that she could still drink in that position. "Can we go pick a book?"

"you stay here and get cosy in Mommy's bed and i'll go grab you one, any preferences?" Taylor asked, leaning against the door frame when she received a shake of a head from her daughter, who looked like she was most likely going to be asleep after the first page.

She picked up 'the tiger who came for tea' and made her way back to her room, crawling into bed and cuddling up to Ivy's side, wrapping a comforting arm around her to hold her closer.

"Where's Daddy?" Ivy murmured, already half asleep, just needing that small bit of confirmation before letting herself slip into her night of dreams.

"He's going to get home when you're asleep baby, so not till later. You better get to sleep so he'll be here faster" Taylor whispered, shuffling them further down the bed and reaching behind her to place the book on her nightstand having been long forgotten by Ivy.

She watched as Ivy slipped in and out of consciousness, stroking her finger lightly on her cheek to comfort her before following her shortly after.

Travis's pov

I slipped my shoes off by the door, pushing my suitcase into the the corner by the door, trying to stay silent as it was nearing 3am and i didn't want to wake either of the girls up with my presence.

Heading upstairs, i peaked my head into Ivys room just to find it empty, i huffed out a quiet breath with a knowing smile. It was looking like Taylor had gotten lonesome in the 'big lonely bed' as she called it.

I pushed open the master bedroom door, walked towards the bed and pulled the covers down, carefully unravellling Taylor's arm from Ivys small body.

"No, no, don't." Taylor mumbled in her sleep, sensing the body of warmth being pulled away from her. I removed my hands off of Ivy and stroked Taylor's back softly, shushing her back to sleep so she wouldn't fully wake up.

"Go back to sleep baby" I whispered, kissing her temple lightly, "It's just me, go back to sleep sweetheart." I repeated, stopping my hand motion when she laid still and silent once again.

I went back and took my daughter back into my arms, carrying her into her own room and bed.

"Daddy?" She croaked, arm reaching out to grab onto mine and pull me closer.

"Hi Ives, it's very late, yeah? how about you go back to sleep and we'll do something fun in the morning?" I negotiated in a quiet voice, running my fingertips through her loose, blonde curls to soothe her back into her sleep.

"Mhm" She murmured, watching me till the very last second that her eyes closed.

"Goodnight princess." I gave her a light kiss on her forehead, switched on her starry night light then headed out, leaving the door slightly ajar.

After, i took a quick shower to scrub myself clean of the airport remainders, wanting to get rid of that sticky feeling before changing into a pair of pyjama bottoms and an old white shirt.

I climbed into bed, wrapping my arm around Taylor's waist and slowly pulling her closer into my space, peppering light kisses up her shoulder and neck causing her to let out a small whine and turn her head towards me.

Her face spilt into a sleepy grin, "Hi."

"Hi baby, i missed you." I told her, stopping with the kisses and burying my face into the little crevice. Closing my eyes, i felt the 8 hour flight catching up to me slowly but strongly.

"I missed you too, so much, so has Ivy" She whispered.

-

hi! So so sorry for the long wait but i've been piled up with so much homework and i literally had comparing two poems as my english homework and I COMPARED THE WRONG POEMS i wanted to cry so much after that icl because i had to do it again 😭😭

Anyways, i've got a new book going too and it's called 'So Highschool'
A new update should be coming soon if i don't restart the chapter again like i've been doing all week so look out for that :)

Hope you enjoyed and have had a good week!

- pops