Chapter 23

Natasha sat up in bed, surfing the channels and stopped when she saw the show BNG come on. Sitting back she got comfortable as she listened to what the little gossip show had come up with for tonight's episode.

There was a bit on a lead singer of some grunge band that went ballistic on a fan when they interrupted his dinner for an autograph, and then they did a short piece about an actress that had been arrested for her third DUI. But it was the next story that left her stunned. It showed Jack and Sam sitting courtside at The Orlando Magic's season opener against The Spurs. He looked good as he sat in his jeans and black dress shirt, leaning back in his chair as he talked to Sam and watched the game. The reporter talked about Jack's retirement and then mentioned that his friendship with Sam left an awkward connection to her, his ex-fiancé! They played the video clip that they had shot that night outside the club in the spring, that same night Jack had been in the fight with Scott. It showed Jack kissing her before he'd walked over to sign autographs.

She felt her stomach sink as she watched it and all the heartache came flooding back again.

It then showed some footage of her working with Gio and the crew on the renos for the restaurant and they went on about how she was too career focused to be able to maintain a relationship. They sited this as the reason for the break-up.

Where did they get that video?

Her phone rang and it startled her, but she reached over and picked it up and said hello to Erin.

"Hey, I finally have a legit offer on your condo." She instantly regretted the statement.

Natasha was gracious about the comment and ignored it.

"That's great; I can be in Clearwater on Tuesday. Can it wait until then?"

"Yah, I got a 72 hour window because of where you are."

"Perfect." She hesitated before asking. "How's everyone?"

Erin knew that she meant Jack as Chloe and Natasha were in frequent contact about the wedding, but she indulged her friend anyway.

"Good. Chloe's getting more difficult as the wedding gets closer but Rich hasn't killed her yet, so I think it's still a go."

Natasha laughed, and then Erin gave her the information that she was really looking for.

"Jack's sports bar is doing great. It was featured in the business section of The Herald last week." Erin hesitated. "And he's seeing someone."

"Oh." Natasha tried to hide her pain at the news. "That's good."

Erin tried to change the subject.

"Do you have any plans for Christmas?"

"No, just going to work I think. Try and give as many of the staff as I can, the day off. Anyway, I should run. I've got to go over the next week's bookings." She lied.

"Sure, okay."

"I'll see you in two days then."

"Yah, see you soon."

Natasha hung up her phone and touched the tiny barbeque on the bracelet that was wrapped around her wrist as her heart felt like it was breaking all over again.

...................................................................................................

Jack walked out of his office into the center of the club and looked around. The dance floor was finally finished and he was sure that his decision to go with more of a club atmosphere rather than a sports bar was a good one. He still planned to show all the major sporting events and the music wouldn't start until whatever game was on that night was done. He figured it was a great strategy. Get the guys relaxed and feeling good and then the ladies would slowly show up to dance the night away.