Chapter 11

They had slept late and had only woken when the front desk called to inform them that there was a reporter there to see Jack.

            “I can’t believe they’re here already.” Jack said as he sat on the edge of the bed trying to wake up.

            “Yah, they must have come in yesterday after you talked to them.” Natasha stretched and rolled over. “When’s the interview?’

            “Here, in about an hour.” He had turned to look at her over his shoulder. “Are you going back to sleep?”

            “Yah, they don’t want to talk to me.” She said teasing him.

            Jack stood and threw his pillow at her. “Thanks, for your support, Red.”

            “Ooh, you must be mad. I can’t remember the last time you called me that.”

            He turned at the bathroom door. “So do you feel guilty enough to get out of bed?”

            “No.” She pulled the covers over her head. “I got your back though. Just from in here.”

            “Yah, I can see that.” He smiled.

            A minute later, she heard the shower running and she was asleep again before he was out.

            A knock at the door, woke her for the second time and she figured she should get up as she heard Jack greeting the reporter from Sports Weekly.

            “Alright, so we’ll do the interview here and then take some pictures around the grounds. Do they have a basketball court here?” the blonde, surfer looking guy asked.

            “Yah, it’s not far from the pool. Just the other side of the bar.”

            “Perfect. But let’s get this done first.”  He pulled out a notebook and a small tape recorder. “Now, let’s start with the charges against you. What’s that all about?”

            “Well, it boils down to me defending my girlfriend.” Jack shrugged.

            “What did the guy do?”

            “He put his hand down her shirt when she refused to go home with him, so I decked him.”

            “I don’t know many guys who wouldn’t have.” The reporter nodded his understanding. “Do you think a judge will disagree with what you did?”

            “We’ll find out, I guess.”