Chapter 7

Natasha turned on the stereo and found her favorite station. She went to the kitchen to get some breakfast and decided on a bagel. As she ate and listened to the upbeat music, she got lost in her thoughts.

What am I going to do about that offer from Sam? Maybe I should sell the condo, it’s looking more and more like no matter what I decide, I won’t need it anymore. I’ll call Erin later and see what she thinks.

The sound of the front door snapped her out of her trance and she turned to see Jack standing in the doorway looking at her. She jumped up and ran to greet him. They embraced in the open door and she kissed him. Pulling away she looked up to him.

“I thought you weren’t coming home until later?”

“I caught the first flight out instead of flying home with the team.” He was smiling and taking all of her in. “I knew this was the right thing to do. I love seeing you here.”

She kissed him again and then finally let go so he could come into the house. He dropped his bag just inside the door and followed her towards the kitchen. When she reached the table and sat down, she noticed that he was no longer there. Natasha turned to see him standing at the bottom of the stairs looking at the picture Rich had hung the night before.

“Do you like it?” Natasha asked.

“It’s great. Look at how beautiful you are.” He was examining the picture closely. “Where did it come from?”

“Rich, Chloe and Erin had it done up for us.” She explained where the picture was taken.

“That’s pretty cool, actually.” He finally turned away from the picture and joined her at the table as she finished her breakfast.

“Do you want me to make you something?” Natasha stood up but he grabbed her hand.

“No, it’s okay. I ate at the airport this morning. Sit down.” He smiled at her as she sat back down. “I want to ask you something.”

She looked at him and waited for him to continue.

“Do you want to move?”

“I just did.” She replied, confused. “Do you want me to move out already?!”

Jack laughed. “No. I mean, do you want a fresh start for us. Should we find a house together, one that we both choose?”

“Oh.” She thought about what he was saying. “I don’t know. I hadn’t thought about that. I was just contemplating selling the condo, and maybe my house in Largo.”

“No, don’t sell the house your aunt left you.” He said. “It’s too sentimental, that’s where you grew up.”

“I know, but it’s just sitting there. It seems like a waste to just leave it empty.”