Chapter Four

Lalisa

Oh my gosh! Jisoos! Save me! Help me! Freaking Gosh!

I'm literally panicking right now! Dang men! I've been taking deep breaths since earlier to calm my beating heart and maybe freaking concentrate with the study instead of a certain brunette!

I read my book for what seems the nth time already cause to be honest, I can't concentrate on anything but this woman beside me.

Let's be honest here, Miss Jennie is not just a girl. She is everyone's dream girl and if that girl is sitting right next to you, Can you imagine the feeling? Argh!

She smells like vanilla and it's driving me to insanity! The way her mouth moves whenever she explains something to me is really distracting! Her eyebrows would narrow when she can't understand something the same thing that it would flicker when she solve the problem. How she seems to need something to play with her hand to keep it occupied otherwise, she would keep fiddling with it.

I'm crazy aren't I? Jisoos!

I internally screamed when I realized that I've been watching her and her every moves since we started this research. Right now we're searching for a topic to present, and currently we're venturing about Cytology, studies about cell properties.

She's been having a hard time understanding this one problem about Pathogen Cell and it's honestly cute how she's been furrowing and biting her pen, but since it's been getting late I knew I had to step in ( she mentioned earlier that if she can't solve a problem, she ends up doing it the whole time ).

"Uh... Do you need help with that Miss Kim?" She faces me with her furrowed eyebrows with the frustration she feels from solving the problem.

"Why, do you understand any of this?" Seeing how she raised her eyebrows is only one word to describe, hot. And there's also one word that could describe me right now, crazy

Argh!

I look away specifically when I noticed the mole she has just below her eyebrows, and fuck me cause I think it's sexi and cute! Fudge! That's definitely adding to her hotness, Okay Lisa calm down, Geez...

"Yeah... uhmm, If you want I could teach you the formula.?"

I could feel her eyes on me maybe weighing if I'm saying the truth until she shrugs and give me the notebook she's been using.

I look over her notes as I unconsciously move closer to get a better position teaching her.

"So it's like this, since Pathogens is a germ that causes disease upon finding out the attributes which is this one," I show her the properties of the cell in the written form then continued my explanation. "Normally when the attributes are all given, creating an antibiotic is the next step but when the created drug kills the bacteria, it eventually develops an antibiotic resistance. And that is where the proposed project Antibiotics Cocktail Therapy comes in. Briefly, if drug A kills 99% of bacteria, and drug B kills 99% of bacteria - then together they (SHOULD) have 100% coverage. No survivours --> No resistance."

I explained showing her the solution. As I look up to see if she truly understand, I didn't notice that I move  way closer to her.. No. So much closer to her that I could literally smell her breath and feel it on my face. But she doesn't seem to mind the closeness.

"You're so good with this Lisa. " She said as she look at me, our eyes met and my breath hitch. Grasping the little self logic and control I have, I move back, far as I could.

"Well yeah... Umm. It's getting late, We should end this, d...don't you think so?" I ask, looking everywhere but her.

"Yeah. I didn't even notice the time, it's already 6:28."

"Then, I'll get going, Miss Jenni--"

"Jennie. Just call me Jennie, Lisa. It's kinda uncomfortable hearing someone younger call me Miss."

I face Jennie and I'm aware that I look confused. Jennie Ruby Jane Kim just asked me to call her Jennie, 'Jennie'. Without any address or any formalities. Now if that ain't weird then I don't know what is!

"N-No. I think Miss Jennie is just fine." I stutter but it's the least to my worry. The look Miss Kim have is nothing but scary. She definitely look like she could kill someone with her glare, but I knew I shouldn't agree. Calling her with her name is like suicide!

Heck! People would think it's weird and I will lose my normal high school life. That's the last thing I want.

"Lisa, Are you rejecting me right now?" She raised one of her eyebrows as if challenging me and when I look away, I feel her glare creating a hole in my face.

"Why.. w- would you want me to call you with your name Miss Jennie?" I gasp when the latter pulls me down to her level, clenching my sweater. Helplessly supporting myself not to fall completely on her body, I used my hand as an anchor.

She's so close! Too close!

Everything in my system screams anger and my thoughts are all jumble as Jennie looks straight at me.

"Lalisa. It seems like you don't really know me, do you?" I gulp with the close proximity we have.
Why is she doing this?! I didn't answer ( I'm speechless! ) which cause her to feel annoyed as she glares at me.

"Don't let me repeat myself, Lalisa." Her tone is firm and I had no choice but to compromise. Taking a deep breath, I close my eyes yet I still feel her own brown orbs directed on me.

As I open my eyes, I meet her mesmerizing cat eyes It's definitely a beautiful sight, something that I could stare at for days. Having no choice, I speak my deal.

"L...Let's do this then, I-I'll call you with your n..name when we're alone but.. I'll call you Miss when there's people a-around.. Umm.. Deal?"

I force myself to hold her gaze--Argh! Who am I kidding? I like looking into her eyes. It's such a beautiful shade of brown. She looks like she's contemplating.

"Okay fine. I'll take you on that. Then shall we go home?"

"Huh?"

"Don't look at me like that Lisa. Don't tell me you already have a ride home?" I look away knowing that I'm actually planning to hitch a ride with Chaeng since I don't have a car.

"Figures. So what are you waiting for? Don't waste time Lisa-ah"

I anxiously fiddle with my thumbs as I look up to her.

"I...Is it really f..fine, Jennie?"

I knew I must have a really red face right now but I can't help getting anxious thinking about it! My crush just ask me to go home with her! My freaking crush!

And yeah, I admit it. I have a crush on Jennie Kim- but who doesn't?!

"Of course! Come on, We're living in the same house Lisa-ah. It's much more convenient-- Wait... In fact, we should get to school ang do home together from now on. Deal?" Instantly I froze. Glancing upon her, I notice the smile on her face so big to the point that it's actually showing her gum. But it confused me. I'm just a nobody and she's Jennie Kim! The Jennie Kim, why would she offer to take me home?!

Argh.. No good... I'm so confused...

I sighed in a deep breath before I speak. Completely erasing all the negativity in my mind and think of all the times we spent together ( not that it's a lot but I know it'll help so..) As I speak my mind.

"I would really like that Jen. Thank you."

"Then it's a deal."

I sincerely smile which she returns with her own gummy smile. Maybe Jennie really thinks of me as someone of importance.. and I would think of that offer as that.

Before I stopped myself, I know I'm already smiling thinking that Jennie Kim could treat me as her friend gives a really blissful feeling.