Empire of Columbia

In 1783, amid growing unrest among Union soldiers, George Washington was drawn into the Newburgh Conspiracy. He met with the soldiers and conspirators, delivering a speech where he condemned the government as corrupt and incapable. Asserting the principle of Might Makes Right, he insisted that the government must be "fixed." The group agreed to act once the war officially ended.

After both the United States and Britain ratified the Treaty of Paris in 1784, the Conspiracy sprang into action. The Union Military overthrew the Continental Congress, establishing a de facto dictatorship with George Washington as America's first "Consul." He began to adopt the trappings of an American Caesar rather than the leader of a republic. While the nation continued to claim to be a republic, the world saw it as a sham.

In 1788, backed by the military, George Washington sanctioned a constitutional convention to draft a "proper" constitution for the nation. Although delegates from the states were invited, it was widely understood that the military was the true power behind the convention, with Alexander Hamilton serving as Washington's right-hand man.

After two years, in 1790, the convention finalized the document that became known as the Constitution of Columbia. George Washington was then crowned as the King of Columbia, becoming the absolute monarch of the newly formed Kingdom of Columbia with the military's support. Subsequently, a capital was established, incorporating land from Maryland and Virginia, particularly the present-day Washington metropolitan area. Mount Vernon was designated as the Palace of Washington and was developed into a grand royal residence, modeled after the Palace of Versailles but on a larger and more magnificent scale.

Congress retained its legislative authority but required the King's approval for laws. Alexander Hamilton became the first Prime Minister, a staunch monarchist loyalist to King George Washington I. A new flag, based on Washington's Coat of Arms, was adopted.

In 1799, following King Washington I's death without a clear heir, Congress split into two parties-the Hamiltonian Conservatives and Jeffersonian Liberals. The Liberals, holding congressional power, crowned 18-year-old George W. Parke Custis, King Washington I's adopted son. This move transformed the absolute monarchy into a constitutional monarchy akin to the British system. The states, now called Duchies, were granted more local autonomy by the Jeffersonian Congress. Congress evolved into a body resembling the British Parliament, where land-owning white men could vote for representatives, albeit under strict supervision. Dukes were permitted to select Senators to represent them in the House of Lords.

In 1803, eager to divest French lands in North America, Napoleon sold Louisiana to the Kingdom of Columbia. This land became the Kingdom of Louisiana, a crown territory under Columbia, eventually integrating as a new territory with a significant French-speaking population.

In 1812, Columbian sailors were impressed into the British Royal Navy, and the British supported Native American resistance against Columbia. This led the King and Parliament to declare a war of "liberation" for Canada from British oppression. Columbian troops, utilizing both unconventional and conventional tactics, crossed the Canadian border. They swiftly captured Montreal, Quebec City, and surrounding areas within four weeks, with troops already approaching Ottawa. The conflict resulted in the deaths of 240 British and Canadian forces and 57 Columbian troops.

After the conquest of Montreal and Quebec, the British and Columbians signed a ceasefire, and peace negotiations began in Ghent, although it would take months for the news to reach Columbia. Despite this, the uninformed British Royal Navy launched an invasion of New Orleans, which failed thanks to the efforts of the Count of Blue Tennessee, Andrew Jackson.

In 1815, the Treaty of Ghent was ratified, recognizing Columbian victory. Britain was compelled to cede Canada to Columbia, and King George II was crowned King of Canada.