Chapter 1

The full moon shone in the night sky as Chan ran at full speed to escape four assassins.

With his right palm, he squeezed his left arm, which had a gunshot wound.

The boy's heart was beating fast, filling his whole body with adrenaline. He cursed his own misfortune in his head and how he always got into trouble when he was alone.

Chan turned into a dark alley, hoping to chase the men off after him, but it didn't work. They were like guard dogs, there was no way for Chan to get out of their sight.

A few meters ahead, Chan could see a boy trying to start a black motorcycle.

He ran to him, "please help me. I'll do anything" Chan said breathlessly and the boy looked at him confused until he saw the men after him.

"pay 10 thousand" The boy set the terms, Chan agreed without thinking, he was the head of the mafia, that kind of money was small for him.

The boy stepped further from his motorcycle and faced the four men.

Two had knives and the other two had guns. The boy sighed deeply, wondering where he had gotten himself into.

He started by punching one man in the face as the others came after him.

He had practiced karate and boxing for years, so close combat was like child's play for him.

He took down the two men quickly while Chan had to go it alone against the other two.

Suddenly, the boy pulled a twist kick on one of the men who was in Chan's arms and knocked him down in seconds.

When they finally thought they were out of trouble, a man got up from the ground and loaded his gun.

"Quickly, hop on!" The boy shouted to Chan and both of them got on that black motorcycle.

The boy started it and spun around to drive full speed in the opposite direction to where those men were.

"Thank you" Chan said to the boy in front of him while holding him by the shoulder with his right hand still his left arm bleeding.

"no problem, at least I got some interesting shit to my life" The boy laughed and drove to the side of the road to an abandoned gas station.

There he tore off a piece of Chan's shirt, but before Chan could say anything, the boy was already putting a piece of cloth on the wound that Chan had shot into.

"agh" Chan whimpered as the boy tightened the cloth around the wound.

"Stop complaining" The boy said and deliberately patted Chan's wound a couple of times, knowing it would hurt. He chuckled at Chan's expression.

"Okay, now give me my money" The boy said, extending his hand towards Chan, waiting for the 10 thousand that Chan had promised him.

"I don't have any money with me right now, I'll wait until I-" Chan didn't manage to finish his sentence when the boy already hit him in the face, not very hard but to the point that it hurt.

"I risked my own life for you and now you say you can't pay?!" The boy gave an annoyed laugh, seething with anger. He clearly didn't have good anger control.

"I can pay you, and I will. Just have to wait until my group comes so they can take care of it." Chan tried to explain calmly but the boy refused to listen to him.

"Forget it. In no time those men will come to find you again. I'm leaving, take care of your own problems alone in the future" The boy said frustratedly and got on his motorcycle.

Before Chan could say anything to that, the boy had already disappeared into the darkness of the night.

It wasn't long before Chan's group came to find him.

"Boss, are you okay?!" Changbin worriedly ran to Chan seeing that blood coming from his left arm.

"I'm alright, let's go home. I have some work for Seungmin" Chan said sounding a little mysterious.

Chan wasn't going to break his promise, he was going to pay to that boy even if it was his last act.

First, he just needs to find the boy again, and if anyone, Seungmin can do that.