I

DISCLAIMER

> The whole fanfiction is written in Stone's P.O.V.
> Slight violence will be mentioned.
> Please be mindful.
> No smut.

==============================

...

Words,

you learn from them. You develop from them.

There are two types of words; healing, they are like the rustling whispers of this town's mystique nature. So serene, it makes the abyss inside me go starlit once I hear the gentle song of healing words—dancing within the rhythm, so fierce.

It will make you lost in a revery.

Ramshackle's not that mystique—despite the chaos, I can manage if only I have them both at my side.

Hurtful, I don't think this needs further eleborating. But, It's like a carafe of venom poured through the pores of your skin by the person you love like your own blood.

Except, I don't like my blood. And I don't love anyone at the moment too, this explains I've never actually heard hurtful words. I suppose.

...

Noon. I just woke up. My eyes are burning and my whole body is aching. My throat is dry.

"Gooooood morning Sto - Gosh, you look like shit." Vinnie squinted her eyes in disgust. I can see she's carrying... feels like stolen beans and a sack piled with coins. I don't even bother to question. She always does that shit, planning schemes 'till dawn.

This is fine, she does her own thing. At least I never was almost aborted. I gave her a glare and a yawn. Until I notice, "Mhm, where's Skipp ?"

"Right! I uh, tagged him along earlier to get these goodies but, I don't know where he is right now." said she, leaning against the brick.

" 'Kay, he's probably—"

"Hey guys!" The ginger greeted askew, his hands embracing sticks, stones, and...papers. Old papers. Funny to think that Skipp's the oldest, yet the shortest.

"Stone! Oh dear, all that drinking and smoking did cause you to have this awful hangover, huh?" Skipp placed all he've got on a corner. He wasn't wrong though. I did drink a shitload last night.

Vinne rolls her eyes, "He literally got a whole collection of empty bottles."

"And It's even creating a... pyramid-like structure." Skipp fixed his gaze at my crafted alcohol bottle pyramid. It's basically just my empty bottles shaped in a pyramid. "That's so cool, Stone!" the shorter boy took one of my bottles and spun it around like he was in a stupid fight scene, which got a laugh from Vinnie.

"Whatever you say. Still looks sick. No one can change my mind." I blurt out. Skipp ruffled my bird nest-like hair then both of them proceeded to mind their own businesses, starting their usual leaden day. I slumped down to the cold ground and sighed.

I expect this day to be just like the day before. And the day before. Even a week before.

A year ago? Too far. I've been a part of their gang for just a few months, made myself a scrap. Trust me, my life's better here. Although we're just things the society doesn't hand a wisp of care about.

I mean, today's not gonna be that special. Just once more, a gloomy day in typical old Ramshackle. Everyday greeted by a hangover.

...

-end of chapter-