3. Polar Opposites

Kid Ritz POV:

I look up to see Ven knock on my door, his face nervous. I stare at him through the mirror as I finish fixing my outfit, watching him come in and close the door quietly before sitting on the couch.

Ven: "I... wanted to see if you wanted to talk."

I turn around, walking up to him.

Kid Ritz: "Sure. What about?"

He looks up at me with wide eyes, his lips stained red from the rocket pop.

Ven: "W-well, I just... uh."

He seems very nervous, making me a little concerned.

Kid Ritz: "You can talk to me; we're... friends."

I see hurt flash his eyes before he quickly looks down at his lap.

Ven: "Oh, r-right. Um, well, I... I don't know what I was thinking you'd like to talk about."

Kid Ritz: "We can talk about... anything. You liked the rocket pop?"

He meets my eyes as I sit at my desk chair, looking back at him.

Ven: "Oh, definitely. I like how sweet they are."

Kid Ritz: "Mmhmm."

I don't have much to entertain him with; I'm pretty strung out of energy from Mom and Dad constantly down my throat. I grab the gummy worms I was eating earlier and offer them to Ven. He takes one, licking the sugar off before he bites half.

Watching him suck on the candy... makes my mind think in ways it shouldn't. I can't think like that, especially with us just being friends now. Ven looks at me happily, chewing thoughtfully on the sour gummy.

Ven: "I like this brand; it's not too sweet or sour."

Kid Ritz: "I just like sugar."

Ven smiles a real, genuine smile, looking amused.

Ven: "I know you do. Remember when I, AS A JOKE, offered you all of my candy, and you actually went for it?"

Kid Ritz: "Dude, I'm not gonna turn down candy. As soon as those words left your mouth, it was a set and sealed decision."

Ven laughs, shaking his head as he eats another gummy.

Ven: "I get another gummy as payback."

Kid Ritz: "I guess I can spare a measly worm."

He smirks at me, closing his eyes as he eats another worm. The silliness fades as I watch him.

His features have come in a really nice way; a sharper jawline and cheekbones, and his cheeks have hollowed out in a charming way... it dramatized as he sucks off the sugar. He's tall too, so lean and lanky, it suits him.

I stare at his lips until I realize he's looking at me. I blink away the awkwardness, standing up to turn on music from my phone on the bedside table.

(SMUT AHEAD. SKIP IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT!!!)

(Moaning, palming, touching, nipping. Nothing graphically explicit. I have them aged up in this fic as 19 and in college. I am 19.)

As I turn around, I see him licking the remaining sugar off his fingers.

I can't stop staring, having to hold onto the edge of the nightstand to keep my cool.