-000

----------

----------

all of them sat in a circle on the rooftop,

telling each other stories as their laughter howled in the seemingly unending night,

the video game store sign being the only thing illuminating their surrounding.

Sally Park realized, just how they were no different, all of them here were abandoned by their family, whether they left them intentionally or not.

"Marry me" Warren Chae declared boldly,

"give me a heads-up before you say something like that you lunatic!" Sally bellowed at him.

"last but not least, you" Warren dismissed her, turning towards Eli.

he sat on the edge of the roof, the white and black feline in his arms.

"I...killed my dad" he blurted out,

Sally gaped at him, her jaw slacked at his choice of words to start his introduction.

warren glared at him, his trust for Eli depleting.

Eli cast a look at his feet, remembering all the memories from his early childhood.

"uh..well...?" Derek hesitantly urged him to continue.

"and my little brother is missing"

Max facepalmed, slightly amused at Eli's remarkable way of starting a story.

"well doesn't that make you a good for nothing?" Warren sneered, resulting in him getting a smack from Sally.

as the quartet listened to his story, their heart cried and clenched the more they learned about him, Eli had gone through a traumatic and difficult childhood.

it was robbed of him in an instant, his innocence was gone when he barely got a taste of it.

abused and abandoned, he was left alone to survive in the harsh world while others enjoyed every bit of life.

"and that was the story of my street life, the end"

the quartet stared at him in disbelief and concern, it was bizarre, just how calm he was while he filled them in about his tragic life.

Eli is an oddball in their eyes.

an oddball that needs lots of love.

and therapy.

----------