6.

When she woke up the next morning still dressed on the sofa, at six in the morning, she was immensely grateful for the message from Nigel on her phone telling her that she would have to be in the office at eight in the morning, which in Runway parlance meant that she had to be in the office at seven thirty.

Her position towards that whole absurd story had not changed in any way, but she, still in a hang over, decided that she would necessarily have to deal with that issue as best she could while she planned a way to get out of it again.

She knew that everything that was good at Runway started with clothes so, digging into her enormous wardrobe, she pulled out a very short skirt by Balenciaga, a very normal top by Zara, a men's jacket by Calvin Klein in the same gray as the skirt, a culotte to pop out of low-waisted skirt and her Bicker Boots by MiuMiu.

Assembling her outfit it seemed perfect when she added her black Le Cagole by Balenciaga and accessorized with an irrational number of jewels, but she was little interested in it, she had learned to love the maximalism of accessories.

None of the people who had seen her enter Runway for the first time three years before would have ever believed that that perfect outfit had been put together by Andrea Sachs herself.

When she was ready it was only six thirty in the morning and Andy, gripped by a moment of hysteria and the desire for revenge, took the scissors and cut her long hair cleanly. Half an hour later, after several cuts and repairs to the mess she had initially created, she found herself with hair almost perfectly cut to her chin and her characteristic bangs.

She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled in the knowledge that entering Runway that morning would not be Andy, the young girl fresh out of college and Ohio, but Andrea Sachs, renowned and respected journalist and now editor of Runway.

When she finally headed to work and the familiar elevator doors opened on the eleventh floor, that morning she actually allowed herself to take a look at the changes that had been made in the offices.

The too bright colors had gone away, everything had become white and light tones, everything was much brighter and more airy and if Andy hadn't known better she could almost have believed that that was a healthy working environment.

That little moment of observation was interrupted by a pair of heels approaching her at a much too fast pace and Andy smiled in the knowledge that she didn't need to look to know who was wearing them.

"Nigel was right: you really have learned something in your time working here." - the redhead told her, abandoning for the first time in history the usual tone of superiority that she used when she spoke to Andrea

"I actually learned a lot more outside. When I returned from Paris I discovered that fashion interested me too much to abandon it, I started to follow its implications and at every opportunity I buy something that I find interesting." - Andrea replied, reciprocating that implied truce with a smile

"You've always been a lover of boots, right?"

"I paid an arm and a leg for these, but Miuccia Prada never fails." - replied Andrea

Emily gave her a small smile and then with a nod ordered her to follow her through the familiar, yet unknown, corridors of Runway to a small office, which already had a golden plaque outside the door bearing the brunette's name accompanied by the title of editor.

"This is your office. Miranda wants you to be in charge of the editorial operations. For the moment you will only be responsible for reviewing the contents written by others and making them perfect for our standards. When Miranda wants, she will give you an article. All others from publishing still work in the glass room at the end of this corridor, there are three of them left." - Emily said in one breath