Tsuki-meguri no Hyakki Yome: Moonlit Night's Hundredth Wife - Chapter Six

Upon boarding the subway car, my father's sudden appearance still lingered in my thoughts, casting a shadow of unease over me. Jigoku Hanmā, one of the formidable Six Pillars of the Underworld, wouldn't visit without reason. I needed to push aside those thoughts and find solace in my usual routine. I made my way to the rear of the car, seeking solitude as I did every late evening. The night ride usually meant fewer passengers, allowing me to be alone with my contemplations. During the day, music was my escape, but at night, I couldn't afford to be distracted. There was a monster aboard, and vigilance was essential.

Emilie Aurachild, a fellow student hailing from Yokomaki High School for Girls, occupied the seat opposite me in the cavernous belly of the rumbling subway car. Amid the sea of commuters, her presence radiated like a beacon, impossible to ignore. Emilie was a striking figure, a masterpiece of captivating contrasts.

Her most conspicuous feature was a cascading waterfall of vibrant ginger-red hair, elegantly braided into a long ponytail. In the dimly lit subway car, those fiery locks seemed to possess a life of their own, flickering like flames in the shadows. It was a crown of crimson flames, an unspoken testament to her untamed spirit.

Emilie's golden amber eyes, resembling twin pools of liquid gold, held an almost supernatural allure. They shone with an inner light that defied the dullness of the subway surroundings. Her gaze, intense and unyielding, seemed to pierce through the haze of everyday life, capturing the attention of anyone fortunate enough to meet her gaze.

Her skin, fair as alabaster, contributed to the ethereal quality of her beauty. It appeared almost translucent in the faint subway lighting, giving her an otherworldly and almost spectral aura. Her delicate, oval face was framed by high cheekbones, their elegant lines enhancing the symmetry of her features. Her finely sculpted nose seemed as if it had been crafted by the hands of a master artist, while her lips, full and bow-shaped, bore the shade of a pale rose. Above them, finely arched eyebrows added a sense of sophistication to her countenance, their flawless curves enhancing the allure of her gaze.

Emilie's defining feature, one that set her apart from all others, was the distinctive black-gold horn gracing her forehead. Proudly and gracefully curved, it stood as a remarkable testament to her yōkai lineage and an undeniable symbol of her innate power. This elegant horn protruded from the very center of her brow, its curves defying the starkness of its color.

The horn's ebony-gold hue, a stark contrast to her fair complexion, hinted at the deep and ancient roots of her yōkai heritage. It seemed forged from the very essence of mystery and magic, embodying a legacy that reached far beyond her earthly existence. Its gleaming surface absorbed the ambient light, casting an entrancing, iridescent glow.

This black-gold horn held an undeniable aura of authority and strength, a silent proclamation to all who crossed her path. Its gleaming surface seemed to absorb the dim subway lighting and reflect it back as an otherworldly radiance. It was a mark of distinction, an emblem of her heritage, and a reminder of her unique place within the world of yōkai.

As Emilie sat there, her presence commanded the attention of those around her. The passengers in the subway car stole glances her way, their curiosity piqued by the mysterious beauty and undeniable power she exuded. Some averted their gaze out of respect, while others openly stared in awe.

Emilie Aurachild, adorned with her fiery locks, gleaming golden eyes, and that distinctive black-gold horn, epitomized the extraordinary in every facet of her being. Amidst the sea of mundanity, she stood as a luminous star, an ever-present testament that beneath the facade of everyday existence existed a concealed realm of yōkai and enigmas that defied comprehension.

Her vibrant red hair, resembling a cascade of untamed flames, set her apart from the ordinary commuters. It was a vivid testament to her unbridled spirit and untamed nature. Those eyes, the hue of liquid gold, seemed to hold the secrets of an ancient world, glistening with a quiet wisdom that transcended time itself.