Introduction

I am not a theologian. I am, by trade, an engineer. A man who loves science, especially physics. I'm also a writer. It is one of my passions, one I've held since childhood, yet let slip away.

I've worked hard in recent years to learn the art of writing again. I've published two novels so far, as of this writing. And I've worked even harder, perhaps, to build a following. Writers need readers, you see. And in this age, it is difficult to gain readers among the ocean of new books entering the market on a seemingly daily basis.

The temptation is to retreat into a neutral stance on issues of politics and religion, less we offend any of those precious readers. I have fallen to that temptation. I have hidden behind my desire to change professions and become a full time writer as an excuse to ignore my most important calling: that of a Christian.

I wish to correct that now. This book will be written entirely on Wattpad. A huge no-no for a professional writer. One must never, ever reveal a rough draft to the public. The shame will follow me to every corner of the social media. But I feel that it is the most assured way of getting my thoughts down, without the filter of my in-brain editor.

This book is not a devotional, though it may be treated as such. It is merely one man's attempt to argue the case for an all-knowing God in the face of what is now becoming open hostility toward Christians. We are at war for the souls of men and women, of children, of gay and straight, of Muslim and Buddhist, of friend and enemy.

Jesus showed no favoritism to who He chose to love. Neither shall I.

I will certainly receive both praise and ridicule for the words I write here. I'll lose followers. I may sell less of my published fiction. That's okay. A Christian can no more ignore his calling than a trout can avoid swimming. A reading of the men and women who have defended the faith throughout history will reveal that most met tragic ends, not the least of who is Jesus himself. Many have been tortured, cruicified, burned, beaten, and stripped of property.

So who am I to complain if I lose book sales?

What is of most importance for you, the reader, to understand is this: nothing I write is written with malice. It is not within my capacity to hate any human. Certainly not for his or her sin. As it says in the Bible, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

I have discarded all stones. Though I expect a few to come my way. That's okay. I have a helmet.

So, let's get started, shall we? I have no timeline in mind. No schedule. I'll try to keep up regular postings, though. Please feel free to provide comments. Yes, I'm inviting some frustrating moments for myself, but I'll work through them.

God bless you, dear friend and reader.

In His name,

Ron Estrada
July 1st, 2015