The Resilience of Love

January 6th, 2021, will forever be etched in the annals of American history as a day of infamy, when the halls of democracy were besieged by an insurrection that shook the nation to its core. In the heart of the chaos, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the unwavering congresswoman known for her steadfast advocacy, found herself ensnared in a nightmare from which there seemed to be no escape.

As the clamor of violence reverberated through the corridors of the Capitol building, AOC fled from the marauding insurrectionists, her breath coming in ragged gasps as she sought sanctuary from the storm that raged outside. But in a cruel twist of fate, she stumbled into the clutches of one of the attackers, who, with a savage gleam in his eyes, seized her and bound her wrists with rough rope, dragging her away to a hidden alcove deep within the bowels of the building.

Alone and terrified, AOC struggled against her bonds, her heart pounding with fear as she contemplated the grim fate that awaited her at the hands of her captor. With each passing moment, the shadows seemed to close in around her, suffocating her with their oppressive weight.

But amidst the darkness, a flicker of hope remained alive in Alex's heart, fueled by the knowledge that she was not alone in her struggle. For waiting in the wings, her guardian angel, y/n, searched tirelessly for her beloved, her determination unyielding as she combed through the labyrinthine corridors of the Capitol building, refusing to rest until she found AOC and brought her to safety.

Through sheer force of will, y/n followed the faint trail of breadcrumbs left behind by Alex's captor, her footsteps echoing through the silent halls as she drew ever closer to her beloved. And when at last she reached the hidden alcove where AOC lay bound and helpless, her heart soared with relief at the sight of her, her eyes shining with unshed tears as she rushed to free her from her chains.

As y/n approached Alex a small gasp escaped her lips when she saw her love tied up on the floor with her eyes squeezed shut and a small tear escaping and running down her cheek.

"Alex?.." y/n whispered. She reached out a hand and softly brushed her shoulder. Immediately Alex flinched and cowered away from y/n.

"It's just me! It's y/n you're safe no one's going to hurt you I promise."  

With trembling hands, y/n untied the ropes that bound AOC's wrists, her touch gentle yet determined as she helped her beloved to her feet. Y/n reached a hand up and cupped Alex's cheek caressing it with her thumb. 

"You're safe baby girl it's gonna be ok.."

Y/n watched as Alex's face fell and she broke out into sobs. Y/n quickly brought her into her arms and held her against her chest. She kissed her cheek and whispered softly into her ear. 

"shh shh it's ok it's ok."

"Let's go home?" Alex softly nodded into her chest. Y/n took Alex under her arm and carefully lead her out of the dark room. 

Y/n cautiously emerged into the hall making sure there was no one lurking around with malicious intent. 

As they slowly found their way back to the front of the building they saw that most of the crowd had been cleared out and the special forces had finally arrived. 

They made their way to the hall to AOC's office to find her stuff she had left behind. 

"Honey sit here and i'll go get your stuff ok?" y/n sat Alex down in a chair in the front part of the office and tried to walk away but when she took a step she felt herself pulled back by her right hand still in Alex's grasp. Y/n turned to see Alex still grasping her hand. Her head was bowed and her eyes were watery she looked almost ashamed of her effort to keep y/n next to her unable to give up the physical touch between them. Y/n pulled Alex's hand up her lips and kissed the back of her hand. 

"Sweetheart I'm not going anywhere." 

"Please..." it was barely above a whisper the first word Alex had uttered since y/n rescued her. Y/n softly smiled and took a seat next to her love and wrapped an arm around her protectively. 

As y/n held AOC with support and unwavering love. She lost her self in thought. The events of the day were nothing short of the most harrowing experience y/n had ever had. She knew what she signed up for when she fell in love with Alex. She knew of the risks, the hardships and the effort it would take to love someone with so much on their shoulders. But in that moment y/n decided she didn't care. She would pull Alex out of that dark room every time.