Ch 2 (Discovering the Unknown, Maintaining trust)

"My dream, is to travel all of Teyvat.. Meet new people.. and explore the unknown... Oh i yearn for that moment to come.."

"Yeah, too bad for you, that will never happen. Considering the dire situation you put yourself into."

"Now, don't be like that.. you're always so pessimistic."

"It's better that way, so I won't be disappointed by harsh realities."

They both fell silent...

"Do you think...
both of us can live freely?
like normal citizens..?"

"whose to say, really.."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heizou looks up to her, furrowing his eyes while smirking. "I'd say we will get along nicely.."

(     ~ •Discovering the Unknown, Maintaining trust• ~     )

Heizou passes her a sheet of paper. There, she saw some details and characteristics of the suspect they were searching for.  It was evident that it was a wanted poster with... No portrait..? The bounty was around 750,000 mora. Which is a huge sum for anyone in general.

Y/n scans through the paper and reads it internally. *"The suspect is a female with short Blonde hair, bright yellow attire,  visionless , has a stoic or threatening expression, a citizen and was last seen In Fontaine, Arienne.. Marie ..?"*

Y/n eyes widens slightly as she reads the paper. Something about this paper seems to tick Y/n internally.  Heizou had his cheeky smile as always, realizing the sudden change of Y/n 's demeanor. Y/n quickly got her composure and smiled at the detective. "What do you think, did you sum up the description well?" Heizou asks with a hint of flirtatiousness in his tone. Y/n ears perked up to his question.

"Yup, i understood all of it." Y/n held her hand on her chin. Deeply pondering about something.  Heizou was getting closer to her face. Thinking shes too far gone in a trance to notice him. He asks Y/n a question, trying to get his point across. "Aww~ Are you hiding something from me, miss n/n~?" Their faces were inches away from each other. And Heizou did not make it easy for her as he stared deeply into Y/n' s eyes. He was obviously trying to read whatever she was thinking.

"Not at all, detective Shikanoin. I was merely pondering about the whereabouts of this Fontainian girl."

"My, my, little miss Y/n, no need to be so formal.. just call me Heizou." Heizou assures her while resting his left hand on the side of his waist. He studies her more attentively and thoroughly without her knowing. Her smiley and bubbly attitude makes Heizou feel unsettling.

"Ah- i apologise.." Y/n bowed her head in a forgiving gesture. Heizou just shrugs and has his two hands in front of his chest, waving them frantically. "hey, hey, it's okay, there's no need for you to be embarrassed!" Heizou looked panicked. Y/n stands up straight and scratches the back of her head with her left arm, completely embarrassed. Heizou laughs at the girl's awkwardness.

"Man alive.. we should really start our investigation dont'ya think? Any ideas, partner?" Heizou had both of his hands on the side of his waist while looking at Y/n expectantly. Both of them shared an awkward silence while smiling frantically at one another. Y/n held her hand on her chin, as she started to think of ways to approach this search.

Heizou studies her more.. waiting for her idea to pop up. And in a few seconds she spoke up.. "well, the most basic way to start our investigation is by asking the locals. we need leads to find her whereabouts. Or else, we'll be running around Inazuma like lost puppies..." Heizou nods agreeing to her reasoning. He was thinking the same thing before the investigation even started. He was just trying to test her and make full judgement of her reliability. And as of now, he seems to be satisfied.

"I agree, I guess great minds think alike amirite?~" he says sarcastically trying to make it seem like hes impressed by her. Y/n not taking the bait, knew exactly he was bluffing. She smiles happily at Heizou with glimmering sparkles in her eyes.

The mission has started. And both of them stick together throughout the search... They stroll around Inazuma city. Eyeing every single person that passes by. The streets were somehow.. quiet. Deafening even.

"Hello there, kind sir. We would like to ask a few questions" The man they approached looked annoyed at the sudden appearance of Heizou and Y/n. He deeply sighed. His body language made it obvious he's not interested in Heizou. "Make it quick."

After several questions went by, the man was clearly unaware of the criminal. He was, oddly confused and irritated by the time spent in questioning him. They left the poor man alone as they thanked him sincerely. Both of them walked around Inazuma to ask more locals, yet.. none of them have any knowledge of this Fontainian girl. As if, she has never set foot inside Inazuma whatsoever. This situation places Y/n and Heizou at a stalemate.

Heizou and Y/n stopped in their tracks, stimulating their brains for the next course of action. Heizou looked on the floor, furrowing his eyes.. he was obviously making a decision between many possibilities and ideas. Y/n too, was pondering. The unfamiliarity in the land of eternity makes it harder for Y/n to think of a plausible idea.

Before breaking the silence however, something in Heizou's mind ticks.

"Well, I guess we should go to our last resort..." Heizou says in a defeated tone. He sighed loudly with an unsatisfied expression. Y/n ears perked up and faces towards Heizou. "Last resort?" Y/n tilts her head slightly sideways. Her curiosity was pasted all over her face as she looked at Heizou.

"Haha~ i hope you don't mind if we paid a little visit to the Narukami Shrine. There's.. a Maiden that should be very knowledgeable and should know a thing or two about this criminal." Y/n listens to him attentively. She smiles brightly at the boy and then nods happily.

Along the way, Y/n and Heizou head towards the Narukami shrine.  "can i ask you a question, heizou?" Y/n asks with a hint of curiosity. Heizou shifts his gaze to the girl in a confused manner. He grins slyly with a poker face. "Depends on the question, darling~" Heizou replies with his normal flirtatious tone. He really is shameless with his way of speech. And it sure baffles Y/n from time to time.

"Isn't the vision hunt decree still active? How come you don't hide your vision?" Heizou smirk hasn't worn off. He seems too carefree with this ordeal.

"Does that mean you have a vision of your own?~ You're purposely hiding it eh?~" Heizou says confidently. There's no denying how spot on his intuition.

"Haha.. i was warned to keep my vision hidden." He nods as he understands what she was going on about.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N
•tbh, I'm not an expert when it comes to mystery and crime solving.. and I should've made Heizou pressed more pressure or suggestions on Y/n during the "any ideas, partner?" And make them revise the biodata or character background.. but what can i say? Im a lazy ameteur that has too many imaginations and ideas.

•and this book idea is old. Like really old.. this came out after Heizou's release and before sumeru was out. I just now had the urge to write it down from my brain lol...?

•i'll make the next chapters longer. Just cause i feel like the chapters are too short (1000+). Plus it consumes less chapter space as i do plan on making this series long but not too long around 20-30 (min-max) hehe..

•you wont be seeing scara anytime soon btw. maybe after the investigation with Heizou.

•pls bear with an amateur writer such as myself.. and i will limit the lengthy A/N posts. :')