Chapter 4

Gabriel stands in his studio in front of a monitor talking to Tomoe about Chloe's akumatization plan. Tomoe wants Chloe to accept her idea for an innovative future. The first stage was to replace policemen with robots. Gabriel didn't understand why he agreed to this plan. He is a fashion designer, not a technologist, but the vision of defeating Ladybug and Chat Noir overshadowed his uncertainty. He told Nathalie that he intended to end the cooperation and would strive to do so, but he wanted to try this plan. Tomoe's voice brings Gabriel out of his thoughts.

T: Gabriel, are you listening to me?

G: Yes.

T: What I was talking about

G: You want to manipulate Chloe into accepting your technology.

T: This was said at the beginning of the conversation. Focus.

G: Why do you need me? Go to Chloe and tell her your ideas. Although appointing her as mayor is absurd in itself.

T: It's absurd that you're withdrawing. Don't complain, just follow my plan and soon you will get your Miraculous and bring your wife back.

G: I don't back down. I just don't understand my role.

T: If you listened to me, you would know. As a famous fashion designer you have an influence on other people's perception, when you accept this design miss Bourgeois will follow you.

G: All right, when's the meeting?

T: Today at 3 p.m. at the Grand Paris hotel

G: I will be there.

...............................................................

Gabriel hung up without giving Tomoe a chance to respond. He was tired, from now on he has to support technology and get involved in political matters. Everything used to be simpler. Just him and Nathalie and fighting the heroes. A small smile appeared on his face, remembering how much fun he and Nathalie had. They needed it to break away from the gray reality and stop hiding their true selves. He would like to get back to it, but with a healthy Nathalie. As if on cue, Nathalie appeared in the atelier with a pissed off look on her face.

N: I see there's a change of plans again. She said mockingly.

G: This is only a temporary extension, this plan may work.

N: You say that every time. Just admit that all your games were intended to manipulate me.

G: It's not true. I really want to change and start over.

N: Your actions say something else. You can't stop. Finally admit it!

G: No, I really want this to be the end. This is the last plan.

Nathalie just looked at Gabriel bitterly and turned to leave. But Gabriel prevented her from leaving by grabbing her hand.

G: Nathalie, please. I know it looks bad but I have to try, I can't bear to watch again someone close to me die.

N: Gabriel, stop with the lies. First you used Emilie to cover your addiction, and now you used me.

G: These are not lies. Maybe you're right about Emilie and she was just an excuse for all my actions, but now I really care about you surviving this. I no longer want the Miraculous for my selfish reasons.

N: Why is it different in my case?

G:I...

...............................................................

Gabriel didn't know what to say. Learning the truth about their marriage would become another excuse. He also didn't want to mention it to Nathalie because she might consider his feelings to be compulsion and not love.