Chapter 43: The results? Again?

M E L U S I

Nxumalo and I haven't been on the best of terms since Khaya left. I still blame him for his disappearance. But I softened my heart when I learnt of the newest addition to the family and I've been allowing communication slowly but surely. It was always through texts though.

Today however, I received a phone call from him which caught me by surprise. It took a while for me to answer, but I did eventually.

He was panicked which made me panic as well. He wasn't making any sense at first because of how frantic he was. After a few attempts of calming down, he eventually tells me that the Parker family knows Njabulo is missing and they are sending out every agent they own to find her.

I closed my eyes shut when I heard this.

I had completely forgotten about the Njabulo situation!

I told him to calm down and come to my place so we would discuss this with Sbusiso as well, who I'd explain everything to once he got here.

Nxumalo is the first to arrive and Sbusiso shortly after.

"Why ngila ngo 8 ebsuku and not with my wife?" Is the first thing Sbusiso asks as he walks in.

He looks at Nxumalo as he rocks back and forth.

"And then lo?" He asks again.

I put one hand in my pocket while the other held my whiskey. "You might wanna sit down for this." I say taking a sip of my drink.

He sits. "What's going on?"

I take a sit as well and take a deep sigh before I can answer. "The Parkers know Njabulo is missing and not on vacation. They are sending everyone under their radar out to find her."

"Shit." Sbusiso says. He looks at Nxumalo with widened eyes. "Where's Hailee?"

"I took her home and came straight here." Nxumalo answers still rocking back and forth. "Do you know what's going to happen when they find out? Hailee-she'll take Phiwe away from me and Jonathan will kill me. They'll-" Nxumalo continues to ramble in nervousness with tears in his eyes.

Sbusiso's facial expression softens and he gets up to sit next to him. He hugs him in an attempt to calm him down. "Hey it's okay."

Nxumalo cries and it breaks my heart.

"I didn't mean to kill her! I didn't even know it was her! I-" He cries in his brother's arms.

The scene in front of me makes me feel a really strong pull in my heart because it reminds me of Nxumalo's first kill.

We had went to do a deal with my dad and it went terribly wrong. My father's long time friend had betrayed us and it all became a bigger mess than it should have been.

The point of taking us with him was because he wanted us to see how to handle deals. But my mom found out while we were still on the way what he was up to and she lost her mind. She was saying things like my dad could die but not her kids. And she would show him flames if anything happened to Nxumalo and I. Sbusiso had already joined the army by now hence his absence and Khaya was still in school.

Unfortunately, we had already arrived at the destination we were headed for, so my father decided it was best we stayed in the car. He said it wouldn't take too long so it was okay. So we did.

But about 45 minutes go past and I feel like it's too long. So I instruct Nxumalo to stay in the car while I sneak in and see what was happening. If dad was in trouble, I would run back and call for help.