Chapter 7

I sigh heavily as I rest my hand on my temple as I follow the second year, Lord Montford. As it turns out, this second year was tasked with helping first years to their dorms and a teacher was looking for him. That same teacher told him to help me to my dorm and he agreed to do it. Now I have to follow him, or I'll stay lost. My thoughts are interrupted as I run into his back, this guy is built like a brick. We had arrived at the Mavis Hall and the place was overflowing with fay but that's what I expected from the witch's hall. "Hurry up." Lord Montford snarls as he starts to drag me by my arm towards the front desk. I glare at him as I hear a familiar voice, "Name?".

I look and see the same fay from attendance this morning, he looks up at me and scribbles something down on a paper. "Your schedule and room number, Miss Crosshelm." The fay says flatly as he hands me a piece of paper and a key. I stand there kind of shocked that he remembered my name as I take the paper. "Thank you, Sir Clearen," Montford says flatly before looking at me with an expression that I couldn't quite recognize. Sir. Clearen looked up at the two of us and flapped his hand at us to tell us to go away, making Montford pull me away. Unlike earlier, he doesn't let me go until we get to the residential part of the hall. "Will you stop pulling me everywhere!" I demand as I rip my hand out of his grip. He looked over his shoulder before rolling his silver eyes, "I don't want to be babysitting you." I inhale as my anger builds before I just storm past him towards the set of big black doors. I open them to see a long corridor with rooms on either side of me. I pull my schedule out of my pocket to see where I am staying.

I head up the stairs knowing the footsteps behind me are Montford's. Once we get to the top, I smile as I realize that I'm in the right place. "I didn't need a babysitter anymore so you can leave," I say turning around to see that he was already walking away. He doesn't even look back at all before heading down the stairs and out of sight. Turning my back to the stairs, I open the door of my room and I'm left speechless. I watch the room take shape before me and it looks just like the room I have back at home. Everything, from the large wardrobe in the corner to the bed itself, is where it is in my real room. I sit on my bed with a nice sigh before I get to unpacking.

I open my wardrobe to see a uniform hanging up neatly. Taking it out I realize that it looks rather plain and I have only two of them. For the most part, they are just a white long-sleeved shirt with a black jumper dress and a small cape held up by a small gold chain. As I look over the uniform, I see a not fall out of it. These uniforms are only required for the first day of each month for assembly and then again for any major events the school has. Students are allowed to wear their usual clothing as long as their hall pendant is visible. I was rather relieved to see that I didn't have to wear them all the time and even more so due to my brother helping me with packing my clothes.

Once I finally finish packing, I realize that is almost dinner and I will be late if I don't leave now. I make sure to put on the gloves I was wearing earlier before running out of my room. Thanks to that red-haired jerk I know where to turn to get to the main hall. Still, in a sprint, I notice I'm not the only one running. I look ahead of me to see Sir. Brenham is holding a clock by the door, and it hits me. If you are late, you can't eat until after everyone else finishes. I pick up the pace as I get closer to the door, and I just shave it. I take a second to catch my breath resting my hands on my knees. "Hands above your head." I hear a man's voice coming from my left as wheeze. I look over to see a young man with chestnut brown hair and clear blue eyes. Before I can say anything, he moves to hold my arms up, "I haven't seen anyone run that fast since Riggs last year." As my arms go over my head, I realize I get bigger breaths like this and now that I have air, I turn to thank him. "I don't know who Riggs is but thanks for the help," I say with a smile. "No worries," He says before something catches his eye, "it seems you have people waiting for you." The brunette man points to Cam who is waving like an idiot. "Yeah, thanks again," I say walking over to my, hopefully, new friends.

As I sit down, Todd looks rather worried, "Why were you talking to the second prince of Arc just now?" I look back as if that guy is still there, but he is gone, "He is the second prince?" I look at Cam and Todd as they both nod. "I thought you noticed his bright red hair," Cam said with her usual sassy tone. Now I am more confused than ever, "But he had brown hair not red." The twins look at me strangely, "Girl, do you need glasses, the second prince had red hair not brown." Before I could ask any more questions, the food arrived. It's a steak dish with some mashed potatoes but the drinks are different between me and the twins. They have champagne and I have what smells like apple cider. "Marrow, how old are you?" Todd asks, tilting his head, he must be just as perplexed as I am. "I'll be twenty in October," I say to the twins shaking. "They let you in at nineteen!" Cam says with a shocked expression, "We had to wait until we were twenty-one." I never really thought about how old everyone else could be, suddenly the red-headed Montford came into my thoughts. I start to wonder how old he could be before the comment Cam made earlier comes into my head. That doesn't make any sense though, his last name is Montford people called him that. I decided that that would have to stay a mystery for now because I had dinner to eat.