Chapter 1

About 14 years ago, a star shot from the sky and reached the Earth. The star crashed into ground. Energy released from the mysterious star and went all over the world.

From the skies to underground. From the Nether to the End. The star's energy went everywhere.

It distorted everything it touched.

But one in particular, has been very important. The energy circled into the skies and hit a phantom.

The phantom was flying around a cloud and got hit with the energy. It barreled to the ground.

A nearby villager lumberjack was below having a nightly stroll. He saw the interaction go down, and the phantom nearly hit him.

He was confused and looked back up. He saw a hand reach out of the cloud,

He drew his axe and waited for something to attack. The owner of the hand shouted towards him, being sent off with an explosion of smoke.

The lumberjack got ready to strike, but what ended up on the ground in front of him he did not expect.

A child.

The child looked about toddler-age despite seemingly just being born.

The child had wings, but not like a bird's. They were leathery. The lumberjack thought about an object from the End called an Elytra. If this is what it was, why would it come from a phantom's power? They couldn't be associated with each other, could they?

The lumberjack couldn't think about it much longer, he had to think about the thing in front of him.

Flying child.

He decided he would take the child in, and raise it as his own.

He grabbed the child, and it didn't fight.

He walked home with the child and for the next 14 years, he raised the child with his wife and his actual children.

Noel never believed the story.

His wings had to have come from some powerful force, but a star? Really?

Even his lumberjack dad, Leonard, admitted that he didn't actually know where the energy came from.

He says he heard about a powerful source called the "Nether Star" that he assumed had been the cause.

But that's in the name, Nether. How would a Nether Star get into the Overworld?

Only the World-Guardians, villagers who have been highly trained, were let into other dimensions. And those guys are pretty much h brainwashed into protecting and only protecting the villagers.

Noel always got bad vibes from them. They were always too emotionless, like they didn't have actual feelings.

Even though Noel had siblings(even though they weren't blood), he didn't talk to them all too much.

Noel always wondered why he had blonde hair even though he was literally born from a phantom. He would've expected black of all things, or like a blue, but blonde? Did phantoms even have a yellowish color on them? He had never seen one in real life. The villagers are very keen on sleeping so they don't have to deal with them.

Speaking of the villagers, they weren't very fond of Noel. Of course, he didn't look like the villagers, and not just because of the wings, he just looks completely different. Hair, nose shape, just build in general were completely different than all of the villagers.

People at his school would always call him names. The name that they called Noel the most was "Elytrian." Noel had gotten used to the name-calling, he had to deal with it his entire life after all. He actually kind of liked the "Elytrain" like it was his species, but he would never compliment something some stupid popular kid came up with.

Noel always wondered if there were more people out there, people like him. People with these special origins. He wondered if there was some kind of Enderman person or Slime. He thought about running away a lot, to find these people, if they existed, but he cared for his family. He knew how scared they would be for him, so he never even made an attempt.

His family has always forbid him from using his power, ever. Of course, Noel never listened. When his parents weren't home and were out of town, he would fly around all the time. He never did it at school though, he had a reputation to uphold, after all.

That rule of his would change in a bit however.