Chapter 9

Noel, Iris, and Rory looked through several chests, barrels, and desk drawers trying to find something about the Dragonborne. It started to rain and storm outside.

"Ugh, rain." Iris, Samuel, and Rory said at the same time.

"It never occurred to me that a slime might hate water." Noel said.

"It's not like it hurts me, or anything like that. It just makes me feel...not good. Like just..messy." Samuel replied.

The other three kept looking .

"Where could it be?" Noel asked.

"I have no idea. One of the only things that nobody has figured out about the General, is his organization patterns." Rory said.

"And what are your organization patterns?" Iris asked.

"Perfect." Rory replied.

"That seems subjective."

"I disagree."

"Guys," Samuel walked fully into the room.

He's coming."

"Already? Ok then. Iris, can you teleport other people?" Rory asked.

"Well, yeah, but it takes some energy from me."

"Teleport Noel and yourself out of here. Samuel, you've got some fight in you, want to help me with this?" Rory asked as he gestured to outside the door.

"Why of course." Samuel said, smiling.

"Very well. On three."

The General got closer to the door.

"Three."

And closer.

"Two."

And closer.

"One!"

Iris put her hand on Noel's shoulder and teleported the two to another area.

Rory and Samuel burst through the door to the General with several of his guards.

* * *

Iris and Noel had teleported to another one of the open bridge-hallways. This one was lower than the other, to where you could see what was happening on the General's bridge. There were large doors on both sides of the hallway. There were also several pieces of furniture throughout the hallway.

Iris and Noel stood in the middle of the hallway. No Illagers, or anything.

"Ugh, I hate teleporting people." Iris said.

Noel felt kind of guilty.

"So, what do we do now?" He asked.

"I'm not sure-"

Suddenly, the doors on one side of the hallway bursted open with purple smoke surrounding. Noel could see a figure within it. Iris' eyes widened.

Iris immediately grabbed Noel and teleported them both into a nearby wardrobe-esc piece of furniture.

Iris put a hand over her mouth to silence herself. Noel did the same in hesitance. He decided to peek through the wardrobe.

He saw somebody walk through the hallway. By her appearance, he knew who she was.

The Dragonborne.