PROLOGUE: Sisters

It's been a week since the sisters had set out on their camping adventure. The days flew by quicker than they'd imagine. Lisa was the taller, older and brawnier one standing at 5'9", having a passion for anything martial arts and boxing related. Her luscious chocolate-brown hair dangled beside her whilst she worked, her white skin tanning from the heat of Texas, freckles pampering her face like little patches of dirt and her green eyes sparkling like emeralds.
"Chickeninʼ out from work already, 'Tina?" Lisa teased. Her voice was quite loud, but Angelic, and it definitely had a friendly spark to it. She spoke while kneeling down as she'd attempt to pry her tent free from the ground.
"I- No I.. am not-!" Christina spat, her voice more nasally and high-pitched, then spun around to face the other, lowering her binoculars. She was the Younger - yet smarter one, always deeming Lisa's love for combat barbaric. Her midnight-black hair flowed in the wind whilst she spoke, making her look almost like a main character in some sort of movie, her skin was so white, it reflected light and her hazel eyes almost glowed as she turned to face Lisa.
"Totally are. Always knew you were just like 'ma. Y'know, total city girl."
"Well- Doesn't mean im scared to get my hands dirty!"
"Cmon then, help me get this damned tent down."
"Im busy watchin-"
"Scared!"
"Can you shut up?"
Lisa then stood up, giggling to herself as she stepped towards Christina. "Short fuse like 'ma too."
"Hardly. Just dont want to get these new jeans dirty."
"Right, how about this-" She begun, walking to their RV, which was situated right at the tip of the cliff. She soon returned with a small radio in hand. "Take that radio and try to tune in on some stations. We've been out nonstop hiking and camping these last few days and haven't got a goddamn idea on what's happening beyond-"
"You're so paranoid, Lisa." Christina scoffed, stepping away from her and sitting down in the foldable chair they'd previously set up, under the shade of some trees.

A couple minutes pass by. Nothing. Nothing at all.
"You sure the radio is fine?" Christina spoke almost inaudibly, completely focused on the radio.
"Batteries are in it.. We haven't had any accidents or anything like that- it should be okay?" Lisa sighed, then turned to her, her brows furrowing.
"Nope.. Just static.."
"Then c'mon.. Let's just go home. Ignore the radio and load the RV, 'Tina."
"mhm.. Got it." Christina sighed, placing the radio on the ground for the time being - Lisa was always known to be bossy, especially towards Christina - and that, did get to her sometimes. She felt almost dependent on Lisa, when that just wasn't the case - she was always just Lisa's shadow.

"Our tents are sorted, frowny!" Lisa joyously then skipped towards Christina, placing two hands on her shoulders and hugging her tightly.
"Cool."
"What's got you in such a mood anyway? Ever since that radio's been out you've been quiet as a mouse."
"Just.. Whatever, it doesn't matter. Homesick. C'mon." Christina then quickly walked off from Lisa, picking up her tent and packing it in the RV. Lisa soon did the same.
The green, vibrant trees swayed against eachother behind the two, making a soothing brushing sound. It reminded them, strangely, of their childhood. Waking up to the sound of their mother cleaning their house. They'd grown up without a dad - just the 3 of them. Mom, Lisa and Christina. To Christina, however, Lisa was almost like another mom to her - She was constantly on at Christina for things like homework or chores - exactly like how their mom did, despite only the 2 year age gap. And hell - Lisa still does it now. In a way, Christina loves it - but also hates it at the best of times.
Before they knew it, They were finally finished packing - it took a while, but it was done now atleast.
"Thanks for such a lovely time out, 'Tina. Even if you've been frowning the whole time." Lisa smiled.
"Thanks for dragging me out into the wilderness against my will." The two then giggled along, for the first time in a few hours.

However,

The sun soon set.

"hop in!" Lisa called after finally starting the vehicle up - smacking the side of the RV, creating a clanking sound which slightly echoed.
"Cominʼ" The other called. And with that, Christina and Lisa were sat in the RV beside eachother. They set out on their journey home - back to Houston.
The roads were seemingly deader than usual. Nothing too out of the ordinary though - or atleast they thought. They'd of expected to see atleast some cars as they'd branched off from the scenic route up to the cliff peak in which they camped at, to the highway. After a couple moments, they noticed something off. Extremely off. Cars were piled in the middle of the highway, some stacked ontop of eachother like a man-made, metallic mountain.
"Jesus..." Lisa trailed off, stopping the RV in the road.
"What the absolute hell happened here?!" Christina then stomped towards the front of the vehicle, ripping the door open out of frustration. Lisa too made her way out the RV, glancing around the wrecked road.
"..Maybe this is why the radio wasn't working.." Christina muttered. "It looks.. It looks goddamn apocalyptic out here.."
"And you said I'm being the paranoid one?" Lisa snapped, swallowing loudly - she was trying to mask her true emotion, but, deep down, she was just as terrified as Christina. "We'll be fine. Don't worry- it was probably- i don't know, a tornado or something.." She then walked around, the hot air of a Texan summer blowing against her white skin.
"Quit acting like you ain't scared Lisa." Christina crossed her arms, unamused.
"I'm just trying to stay calm so we don't end up goddamn lost or worse, because you aint." She had a sassy tone to her voice.
"You act like you always know best-! Just, just shut up- Just because your older you think you're a leader! You're not! Get off my back, and stop acting like something you aint-!" Christina spewed out, her face reddening from anger.
"Here's something you ought to know, Christina. I know more than you, and if you were more mature, you'd listen to me. I OFFER to guide you as your older sister, D'You hear me?! Do you really think you know better than me, huh? Well be my damn guest! I'll let you lead the way. So where now, leader? See?! It's difficult having all those non. Fucking. Stop. Questions!" The two then just stood in silence for a good moment or so, before Christina finally looked back at Lisa.
"I'm gonna go look in the forest." Christina mumbled.
And that was when Christina walked off whilst Lisa was glaring at her, leaving her sister alone in the middle of the highway for the time being.