15) I meets the shoe brand

Realized the lack of Leo in recent chapters because his dumb ahh keeps getting tricked

been a while, huh? sorry bout that. summers coming so updates will be way frequent

^^^

"...I need you to corner and reason to her. I'll pretend to have fallen for the charmspeak and get myself with the boys. Then I'll leave it to you to talk to the princess."

Piper seemed hesitant. Ada suggested using her charmspeak on the two boys, but Piper explained she wasn't sure if her own ability would overpower the princess.

"I just don't know if I'm strong enough, Ada." Piper admitted, her hands rubbing her arms as the room became eerily chilly. "Everyone has seen me a pretty face and it's made me think that's all I'm good for."

Ada's lips quirked down. Comforting others was not her strong suit, as she had never really related to people's struggles.

"I'm just going to tell you that I suck at encouraging people firsthand." Pipers lips quirked at the bluntness but it quickly vanish. The wind had blown it away.

Here goes nothing. "But Piper, when I look at you I may see a beautiful face," Ada layed her hand on her shoulder, smiling down at her, as she was sitting and Ada was on her knees.

"But I also see a strong person who's really sweet."

Ada paused. Fuck, what else is there to say?

"But I uh...I also see a girl who I befriended not for looks, but for her personality. And you know I'm not friends with idiots."

Piper snorted. "Leo?"

Ada rolled her eyes and stood up. "The exception."

The plan was in place, and Piper looked immensely better; confident even. Had she actually helped? Ada smiled hard. Gosh, why was she so giddy?

"Come on Ada, lets the princess." She turned around and gave a puzzled look. "What's with the smile?"

Everything. "Nothing. Lets go talk to our princess." Ada remarked, throwing up air quotes.

^^^

When they returned, it looked the same. Leo and Jason looking at merchandise then dropping it so fast to move onto the next piece, like a child being dropped at the gas station.

They ran back, and Ada bowed out of respect. The princess gave a sound that sounded like a tut, as if saying, Yes. Bow to me.

"Now that the ladies have returned, boys." She turned to Jason and Leo. Her voice was so much more powerful than Piper's, so full of confidence, Piper didn't stand a chance. "Would you like to see more?"

"Sure," Jason said.

"Okay," Leo said.

"Definitely!" Ada said. If she was going to make it seem like she was charmspeaked, she's have to act as stupid as them. The princess turned around, and looked rather pleased.

"Excellent," the princess replied. "You'll need all the help you can get if you're to make it to the Bay Area."

"The Bay Area?" Piper said. "Why the Bay Area?"

The princess smiled. "Well, that's where they'll die, isn't it?"

Huh? Then she led them toward the escalators, Jason and Leo still looking excited to shop.

As Leo and Piper went to go shop for together, Ada signaled to Piper. A simple flying dove she made with her hands. Piper have such a small nod of her head, she would have missed it without attention to details. Then, she was stuck with the two of them.