Sibling Bonds

Tomoi pov

As I sit in the passenger seat of our car, I watch the world pass by through the window. The gentle hum of the engine is a soothing background noise as we drive. I turn my head to look at my twin brother beside me.

"Where did you run off to at lunch?" I ask him, curiosity piqued.

He meets my gaze with his own and replies, "I was looking at the court they had. It was pretty big."

I nod in response, understanding. Volleyball has always been his passion, and it's no surprise that he would gravitate towards the court during lunch breaks. Whenever he practices, I'm there to lend a hand, except when I'm busy with basketball.

Our mother turns to us from the front seat and asks, "How was the first day?" She smiles warmly at us. "Was it good? Did you make any friends?"

Our father keeps his eyes on the road as he chimes in, "Yeah, how was it?"

I smile, recalling the encounter with Aoi, formerly known as Amelia, at school. "Yeah, I made a friend at school, but Tobio didn't even talk to anyone," I reply, teasing my brother.

He rolls his eyes at me, and I can't help but laugh. Sometimes I think he only knows how to communicate when it involves volleyball.

Mother chuckles and smiles at us. "It was only the first day; I'm sure he'll make some friends soon."

We arrive home, and mother prepares dinner. We all sit down to eat, engaging in small talk about various topics. It's a comforting routine, one that brings us closer together as a family.

Akari pov  

I happily roll around on my bed, feeling the softness of the sheets against my skin. The day has been bright and full of good vibes, and I can't help but revel in it. Suddenly, a knock on my door interrupts my blissful moment.

"Come in," I call out, turning my attention to the door.

In walks my brother, Ego, and my smile widens into a grin as I see him. Without hesitation, I jump off the bed and envelop him in a tight hug.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, my excitement evident in my voice.

He returns my hug, his smile mirroring mine. "I had some time off, so I thought I'd come visit," he explains, his eyes sparkling with warmth.

As he sets me down, he ruffles my hair affectionately, and I playfully swat his hand away, still beaming.

Together, we make our way downstairs to the comforting aroma of our mother's cooking. "Mom, did you know he was coming?" I inquire, shooting her a suspicious glance.

She chuckles but remains coy, choosing not to reveal her secret.

We gather around the table and enjoy a delicious dinner as a family, engaging in light-hearted conversation about trivial matters. It's a simple yet perfect evening, filled with laughter and warmth, and I couldn't ask for anything more.