(📷) ch oo4 | the dream

"Hey there, do you mind switching back to your body?"

My eyes fluttered open, but everything was too bright for them to stay that way for too long; so I tried to stitch two words together instead. "Who are you?"

"Wish I knew."

If there was one thing that annoyed me to no end, it was being kept in the dark. Ignorance had brought about loneliness in my life, for as long as I could remember. Ignorance was not bliss. It was a curse in disguise. "What are you on about?" I snapped, hoping the other person could taste a bit of my irritation.

"Er-" I recognized the voice to be that of a female's. "I-erm." There was a pause, followed by a sigh. "All I remember is that I love designing and baking, but I don't know who I am or what I am called. Just that I don't belong where I am. Could you - could you please ask somebody there about m-"

There was a loud ring, followed by someone yelling her name. Or, was it mine? "Marinette! Wake up!"

And wake I did; in a pool of my own sweat.

Tikki was floating beside me, holding up the alarm. "It's late for school."

"School?" I groaned, rubbing my palms and placing them on my face. I hate school and all that sociable stuff that I've got to do. Yup, I am a complainer, period.

"Yeah. Marinette goes to College Dupont High, and she's in her final year," Tikki informed as I climbed down the bed to get ready for the day. "She sits on the right row, to the corner on the second desk with Alya."

I nodded, trying to take in as much information as Tikki was dumping whilst getting ready. On my way out, I grabbed a croissant, bade farewell to my 'mother' and ran out. Finding the building was easier than I thought. It was literally facing the bakery. However, finding the classroom was definitely not so easy.

Thankfully, a blond boy knew this Marinette. "Marinette! You're early. Good morning."

"Morning," I replied, anxiously. Something in me was against talking to guys; guys who were not my father or Chat Noir. . .

"We have history for the first period, don't we? Ah, man." He adjusted his rucksack before giving a smile. For some reason, déjà vu screamed loudly in my mind. Pushing off the abnormal morning urge to run around foolishly, I followed him quietly, like an abandoned dog in a large city.

We walked to a white door, the class labelled 'X 'B''. I looked into my sling bag, and a pair of blue eyes greeted me in the darkness of its hollowness. It moved up and down, and I understood that I was at the right place.

Looking up, I found the boy holding the door open for me. "Oh! Thank you." I slipped into the classroom before he changed his mind and closed it on my face; but he did not.

"Marinette!" A blonde girl with pixie cut, and another raven haired girl with shades of purple splashed in her hair approached us. "Adrien, good morning!" They seemed to have put an extra cheer into the wish, but thanks to them, I caught the boy's name as 'Adrien'.

"Good morning, Rose, Juleka." The boy nodded at each of them as he greeted, unknowingly aiding me with the names. If only the rest of the day went just as well. . .

How wrong was I?

How wrong was I?

The chemistry class was so boring that I could not help myself but fall asleep. The same dream - or rather, nightmare - greeted my humble time; including the same voice and the unbearable whiteness. When I woke up, I was drenched again in beads of sweat, and was being scolded by the teacher. Additionally, I addressed her by the wrong name, and ended up in detention the upcoming the weekend.

"Girl, I thought Marinette had it bad," Alya commented, picking a meal of mashed potatoes, an omelette and toast for the lunch. "But you have it worse."

"Thanks," I responded, bitterly. Not feeling like talking to her any longer, I excused myself and found an unoccupied place to the corner of the canteen.

My lunch was nothing extraordinary; just pop tarts and strawberry milkshake. "Do you want some?" I whisper-asked the creature hiding in my sling bag. The usual pair of blue eyes squinted, before the glow vanished. Perhaps, she was not hungry or did not feel hunger the way humans do. Maybe I should check out some books and see if there was any information on her species.

My reverie was broken by an unfamiliar voice. "Well, well. If it isn't the Baker-Trash! What's wrong, Dupain-Cheng? Your friends ran out on you?" Her voice seemed nowhere near friendly, and the look in her eyes echoed malicious intent. This girl, too, was in my class and sat adjacent to Adrien. All I knew about her was that she was the town's Mayor's daughter.

"I hope you don't have a problem with running out on me," I retorted, before standing up to leave; I was done with my lunch, save the can of milkshake that could be drunk anytime. However, the villainess had other plans.

"Why would I wish to run out on you -"

"Aren't you talking to me now, though?" I smirked. Perhaps, the real Marinette lacked a sense of wit, for the girl had the look of a dwarf that had been trampled upon.

"The nerve of you, Dupain-"

"Chloe!" It was Adrien. Behind him was Alya, running to grab any part of me and make a run for it. I did not oblige to her, though. "That's enough. Leave her alone."

The girl, Chloe, looked rather sour at being reprimanded by Adrien. Perhaps, they were seeing each other.

Alya hooked her arm around mine, and yanked me away from Chloe, a ginger girl and Adrien. The group were seriously talking, but according to Alya, it was of no significance.

"Alya, you don't have to stick to me."

"This is especially why you should stick to me." The brunette looked around, before lowering her voice. "Whether you are the real one or the not, Marinette is my best friend, and I'm not allowing her to get into trouble alone."

What do you guys think of Colette so far? You'll see more of her and her relationships with everyone in the Miraculous verse soon! So, stay tuned! ;)

Thank you for reading!

Miyoko x