6.2.Is she gone forever?

"Shu-shupel da-dadisha ly-lying . Main-main sach keh lahi hoon dadi,evelybody lying. Mamma ne kaha tha ki koi shtal-waal nahin banta hain,woh shab shmall babies ko stolies mein bataya jaata hain. Ham shab youmans (humans),youmans shtals kaicche banenge? M-meli mamma tohh girl hain,woh shtal kaicche banegi?" Their little baby Lasya,their poor little baby was hiccupping and trembling in Vidya's arms refusing to believe that her mamma was now a star,millions of hugs and kisses away from her!

"Why did Abhira had to tell her the 'sach' everything in this world?"Kaveri thought. 

"Did she not know that on one horrendously dreadful day,this child would have to accept a sugar-coated truth? That her mamma had become a star and she would never return,ever? Now do they need to tell the 3 year old a statement that even adults couldn't accept? That her mamma is dead? She perished among the flames of the plane like dust? That she would never be able to jump on her back when she returned from office or press her mamma's forehead with her tiny arms when she had a throbbing headache? Or have icecreams together hiding from armaan at midnight?" With her hand on her aching chest,Dadisa picked Lasya up from Vidya's arms,gently brushed the hair strands away from her red,tear-stricken face and kissed her forehead & cheeks. Lasya,still crying sucking her thumb,rested her head on her lovely Super Dadisa's chest, an embrace which always provided her warmth and comfort.

"Lovey,ham aapko jo batayenge aap dhyan se suneeyega. Apni super dadisa ki baat sunengi na aap? Mamma ki pyari beti hain nah aap? You would pay attention nah?"

"Hmm"

"Lovey,aap-aapki mamma ab ka-kabhi wapis nahin aayengi beta. Woh ab ja chuki hain ap-apni maa ke paas,aapki nani ke paas"

"No,no,no! Mamma loves her Lovey sho much,she has auways(always) shaid that she can't live without me and I'm the mosht dealest amaanat of hel, hel healtbeat. Woh mele bina nani ke paas nahin jayengi, kanhaji ke paas nahin jayengi. Mai unhein phone kalti hoon,ki mele liye wait kale. Woh zalool kalengi. Paicche(paise) deejeeye nah dadisa ya fil aap mele liye bhi ek ticket book kala dein. Pease. Mujhe bhi nani paas jaana hain mamma ke saath" Lasya pleaded with her innocent doe eyes twinkling with the hope that dadisa would agree. Of course her mamma had told her that her nani-nanu lived far away with kanhaji,but she did not tell her that a ticket to that place meant a goodbye to the very place they lived in,a goodbye to their own body,a detachment of the soul from it.

"Shh Lovey,aisah fir kabhi mat boliyega. Ab aap hi toh hain bas hamari ajeebh naam wali ladki ki aakhiri nishaani,hamari pyaari Abhira ka ansh. Uski Rooh. Hamari jaan,is ghar ki eklauti waaris" Dadisa shushed Lasya covering her mouth with her palm,but as tears welled up in her great granddaughter's eyes once again and her loud shrieks came out as muffled sniffles,she instantly regretted and removed her palm,mumbling "I'm sorry Lovey beta,hamein maaf kar deejeeye" Dadisa engulfed Lasya protectively in her arms,rocking her,trying to make her sleep despite her attempts to get out of her hold.

.

.

"Sir,I've told you all on that plane have died,why don't you understand? We are unable to even retrieve the dead bodies and you are asking us to get an entire being back to life for you? Are you in your senses sir?"

"I need my wife back at any cost. My heart knows that nothing has happened to her. She's fine"Armaan seethed in anger after searching the entire airport a zillion times. Then the onset of dusk and now the break of the dawn didn't bother him. He had searched for her desperately,in every nook and corner. 

After being convinced that she was definitely not here,he slipped his hand into his pocket and dialled his number one confidant,

'Krish,don't wake any of the family members up. Otherwise they will not let Lasya come with me,believing that my search will be a futile one. Meri bachchi ne subah se kuch nahin khaya hain,kamzor ho gayin hain,apni mamma ki d..de- ki jhooti kahaani sun kar. Mai usse uski mamma se milwaoonga. Zaroor milegi woh hamein. Tum use le aao,bina kisi ko bataye. 6.30 am ki flight hai,ham use dhoondhne jaayenge."

He tiptoed to Dadisa's bedroom and carefully freed Lasya from her protective hold,instead placing pillows in place of her and winked at the already awake child who did a silent clap gesture for him. As he moved downstairs in the quitest possible way holding her in his arms, she whispered,"Krishu, ham kahan ja lahe hain?"

"Mamma ko dhoondne jaa rahi ho bestie, papa ke saath. Mamma kho gayin hain nah. Aap unhein dhoondoge nah,jaiseh wo aapko hamesha dhoondti hain hide & seek mein" Only Krish dared to say that. But as Lasya nodded and looked into his eyes with her innocent ones shining with hope,he feared that he might regret saying this. He might regret breaking this little baby's heart even more,by giving her the support of false hopes to smile.

 Krish quickly got into Abhira's car and drove her to the airport. He did not counter Armaan,because somewhere in his heart he knew that his bhabhi might be alive. He knew that his bhaiyya's intuition can never go wrong,that his bhaiyya and bhabhi's love was something mystical,their soul connection with each other could never be explained in words.

.

.

"Today is the day she is supposed to return to Udaipur"Armaan mumbled with tears in his eyes as he plopped down on the seat,waiting for his flight back home. No,he didn't give up on her. He had searched for her,with Lasya strapped onto his back,he had searched for her in even the most insignificant spots of the gigantic airport . But now, he had lost all hopes after 14 hours of being a madman. Afterall ,he's only human,isn't he?

"Papa whel ish mamma?" His choked throat let out no word in response. He was blank. As blank as his life symbolised by the white clothes his family is definitely wearing,waiting for him. He couldn't break her heart again,or should he be a practical person like her mother?

"WE ARE PROCEEDING WITH THE BOARDING OF FLIGHT NUMBER 129 TO UDAIPUR IN 15 MINUTES. THE BUSINESS CLASS PASSENGERS ARE REQUIRED TO LINE UP FIRST AT GATE NUMBER 55,A2"

Armaan's eyes shone with happiness as he saw someone hastily picking her large bag,grabbing the first spot in the line. He beamed with joy and ran to her,dragged her to a side, kissed her numerous times on her face and then pulled her into a tight hug,not caring about what the others would think about him. He finally let Abhira breathe when Lasya kicked him not-so-gently on his back,urging him to put her down. The moment he did that,she jumped into Abhira's arms and cried happy tears mumbling,"Shab joothe hain. Maine bola tha  nah,meli mamma mujhe chodh ke kahin nahin jaayengi. Maine kaha tha ki wo human hai,stal thole nah banengi. M-ma-mma". 

As Abhira rubbed her back and kissed her while she hiccupped,Armaan told him about all what had happened over the past 2 days. Abhira caressed Armaan's face  with her welled up eyes and whispered,"I'm sorry,I don't know what to say. I'm sorry that you had to go through all this. But chalo,tumhein future ke liye training mil gayi"

"You bitch,shut up. Don't you dare! Mujhe aur Lovey ko chodh ke kahin jaane ki sochna bhi math." Armaan roared pulling her closer to himself.

"Aapne bataya kyon nahin mamma ki aap theek ho,we all wele sho wollieed"

"Sorry baby, Mamma ka phone unke co-passenger se exchange ho gaya tha nah,kal hi aaye woh uncle phone lautaane. Sorry bachcha,mera baby bohoth royah nah meri vajah se"

"Baby ke papa pe toh tumhein apne dimag jitna tarass bhi nahin aaya vaqil sahiba?"

"Vaqil sa aka baby ke nautanki papa ko kabse invitation ki zarroorat pad gayin group huggie me aane ke liye huh?"

🏵️🏵️🏵️

As you all wanted a happy ending,here it is.

A new three shot story based on charu's track(different than the show)will be posted next maybe.