CHAPTER 11

'If you start caring, you're screwed.'

R O M E

Keith...

That name pops and goes every time of the day in Rome's consciousness, seemingly out of nowhere, suddenly, and intentionally...even now, as he sat on his office chair and should be focusing on the documents he's currently working on.

But his mind was currently at that male, Keith.

He huffed a frustrated sigh. Rome doesn't even understand why the thought of the male plagues his mind constantly.

Keith, the boy with that name, was like a jigsaw puzzle, and strangely, Rome is too invested to put them back together and see what that boy really is, who he is.

Which, arguably, is the hardest task he hasn't completed yet. It made the cool and composed Rome mind's spin.

Yes. He did observe bits and pieces about that boy. Like how his face would lit up if money was offered to him. And how his face would crunch up adorably in annoyance if he can't have what he wants.

And fairly, Rome got his fair share of his temper when he had forced him to do the thing he straight hell didn't want to do ― which is going to the hospital.

Considering how he looked like he was mauled by a crazy bear. Rome can feel himself frowning at the thought of who's responsible for doing that to Keith, he'd like to meet that garbage and do something he'd regret being alive.

Rome at best, thinks that resting is what Keith needed at that time and get examined for possible injuries.

But the male was so against it that they had fought and said things they didn't mean too. And what's more ridiculous is, they aren't friends, related, or known each other for long.

They had fucked, once.

This further puzzled him profoundly.

Never once, he cared about someone this crazily to the point of him being angry for them, because of their fucked up circumstances.

Rome never once cared before, even to his parents. All of them, Rome regard as leeches and treated them as, because that's what they are, what they show, and tell.

They're all after his money and tried to use him for their own benefits.

And against Rome's judgment, he had let Keith stir something inside him that has been dormant for a long time.

And these days are proof of how much concern he had for the male, his mind always gets steered away to dangerous places...

Like considering to make Keith live comfortably under his care. Provide him with everything and support him.

Which stumped him.

And of course ... Keith, being underneath him quivering like the first night they explored each other's body.

And many more.

Is it normal to be concerned too much for a person he had just met twice? Rome had no idea but it didn't repulse him.

He gave up finding the answers and figured to just follow his feelings, that at the moment, were also in complete shambles as his thoughts.

He rubs the space between his eyebrows, tired. Then casually lean back on his soft office chair and gaze up at the ceiling absentmindedly.

Rome's thought once again revolved around Keith, onto when Rome had first seen him.

It was when Keith accidentally bounded towards him, ― well to the sofa ― and he couldn't help himself but to observe the male. Rome had thought he looked like an angel that got lost in hell. But Rome didn't expect that he's a devil dressed as an angel, quite literally.