CHAPTER 16

'If mind and body want the same thing, there's no way you can deny them.'

R O M E

It's been days and Rome was growing impatient. The last time he had talked to Keith was that time on the phone and the male was obviously distraught.

Unsettled and driven with impatience, Rome sent Keith a message without further ado. Demanding that they're going on a hotel that first came to Rome's mind when he was thinking about where to bring Keith. They're in a relationship that allows them to meet and do things after all.

Of course, he could bring Keith to a restaurant. But he wanted to talk to the male more ... privately. If you get what I'm saying.

He just wanted to make sure if Keith is okay or if something happened to him. And if they're going to talk about it, it needs to be private, just the two of them. And that hotel doesn't not only provide privacy, but it has a good atmosphere and is safe. And well, for some other reasons too.

He's just so frustrated that he can't hold it anymore. Sure, he could find someone else to help him release some steam. But he knows his body, his mind, and it wants Keith.

He couldn't get aroused if it was someone else, except thinking about the glamorous Keith. He knew there's something had changed in him, but whatever it was, he didn't care anymore.

He only cared about his current problem―his libido.

It was only twelve noon but Rome wanted the time to go faster so bad. He had enough of his work and he couldn't concentrate well when his mind would always drift back to Keith. It's been like this for a few days now.

Still, Rome sucked it up and did his work. Even if he didn't want to, he needs to. It's his responsibility as the CEO and he has to fulfill them. And basically, he doesn't run from his responsibilities.

"There's someone at the lobby asking to speak to you, Sir. He says it's important." His secretary said while looking down at her tablet. "And you have a meeting at three with the investors." She added, waiting for her boss to give her orders and requests.

"Who's that person at the lobby?" Rome asked, not taking his gaze away from his laptop.

Her secretary swiped on her tablet. "Mr. Anders."

Rome perked up upon the mention of the name and promptly requested his secretary to send him to his office. Nerves vibrating in anticipation of what news his guests might bring. A faint grin developed on his lips as he thought that this was a step closer to his goal. If it's good news, that is.

Alone in the dark, at six fifty in the evening, Rome's eyes were fixated on the opened folder on his table. His lamp shade provided the needed light, just enough for him to read and see something.

He smirked as he read the interesting information in the folder. He had read its content for hours now over and over after his guest, Mr. Anders, left. His meeting with him didn't take long, the man seemed to be in a hurry and only gave Rome a brown folder labeled as confidential as left promptly.

Honestly, Rome doesn't know what to feel, should he be excited that this is one step toward his goal of bringing his father down, or should he be livid at what truth he has learned?

"Almost there." He mumbles to himself.

There was a sudden knock on the door before it was pried open. "Sir―What?!" His secretary was startled as to why the office was dark. But when she saw his boss on the table with a lampshade on, she sighed in relief.