Chapter 1: The Attack

Something tall, skinny and pale jumped out of the bushes. Daddy started shooting at it,but he missed every shot. The monster was trying to bite him, but daddy was pushing it away. I was crying and screaming. Daddy took another shot, but missed, this time the bullet shot straight at the window where I was watching and crying. I ducked as the bullet shattered the window leaving Broken glass all over my room. I was so afraid this monster was going to kill him. I decided to run to the basement and grab one of daddy's guns. I know I was only 13 and had never handled a weapon before but I had to take my chances. I grabbed the gun the looked like it wold take him out in one shot and ran back to my glass filled bedroom. The monster was closing in on him and daddy looked like he almost couldn't hold he off of him much longer.

I took a single shot, but missed terribly. My daddy was in danger and I wanted to save him. I sat for a second crying, then called the police. They said they would be there in three minutes. Daddy couldn't wait three minutes. I decided that second that I, Sarah Marie Brown, a young 13 year old red-head, am going to save my daddy. I jumped out the broken window and ran at the monster that my daddy was so bravely holding off with this bare hands. I jumped on it. I slung me of the second I touched its cold pale skin. I hit the sidewalk hard and pasted-out cold.