Chapter 5: An Unexpected Meeting

By the time I'm done telling our story, my father is speechless. "W-what are we going to do? He says shakily as he stands up." We will have to live off of the land. Feeding on the animals. We will run deep into the forest and try to avoid human contact. It's the only way..." My father agrees, it's the only way.

   That night my father and i ran deep into the woods. We also discover another ability of our new vampire bodies. We can fly! Well, i wouldn't call it flying, more like hovering. But we go pretty fast! After at least ten miles into the woods,  father starts to complain that he is hungry. "oh, that's right! you haven't eaten anything! you must be starving." i say as i hover to the ground and start to look for a large animal for my father to drink from. " And you have? was it.... a human?" my father says as if he is a little worried. "Um, yea. I ate. And it was one of the doctors. I..... I ripped off his head and sucked him dry. It just happened so quickly..." I respond. " Oh. Sounds wonderful..." father says.

   After a little while of searching, i hear something move in the distance. Father is really hungry and I'm afraid he is going to eat me. I walk slowly to where i i thing the noise comes from. I look around a tree and see something about ten yards away. "It... It looks like there is an animal eating another animal..." I whisper. As we move in closer, i can now see that its not an animal eating the other animal. Its a boy, looking around my age, eating the animal. This boy has blood all over his face and is trying to get everything from that deer. " He's one of us " i whisper to father. I guess he heard us because he turns around and in a blur, run to us in that amazing vampire speed. " State your business in my woods. " the young vamp says. I step up with my head down and say, " We are one of you. Vampires. You are one too right?" I look up and he is surprised to see i am telling the truth. " Long dark hair, red eyes, fangs. I guess you are one. And yes i am one too." he looks up at me smiling and exposing those razor sharp fangs. He puts out his hand and says, " The names Alfie" We shake hands and i say, " Im Sarah"