Chapter 4 taking lead

'Now just the death stalker'. Jaune realized that, even though it was tired, it still had the will to fight. 'This thing just doesn't know when to quit, then again neither do I' Hooking his weapons to his waist, he charged forward into a dead sprint closing the distance with the Grimm. He leapt into the air from behind the Deathstalker and landed in front of Pyrrha, who was startled by his sudden entrance. "Sorry for leaving you two alone, how's pink strip doing?."

"Don't worry about it, Ren isn't hurt too bad. He'll heal up real quick!" Nora said in a happy tone. Jaune gave a quick node before looking back towards the Deathstalker.

The Deathstalker's stinger was hanging loosely by only a few strands of flesh, courtesy of Ren. a large crack in the Deathstalker's outer shell directly above its brain, courtesy of Nora, and only one eye that hadn't been shot out, courtesy of Pyrrha. Jaune looked towards is partner and gave a point towards the shield, "hit it!!" He shouted, she immediately understood and threw her shield at it. just as the shield passed Jaune, he spun his body and slammed his feet into the shield. This gave the shield enough force to cut the stinger, which was now lodged into the cracks.

"Ginger!! Now!!" Jaune yelled another order.

"Yeeeee haaaaaa!" was the reply he received. He crouched down low, cupping his hands as Nora placed her foot on his hands. With all of his strength he launched her towards the Grimm with a grunt of force. She brought the hammer down directly onto the stinger, causing a fatal blow. The stinger went straight through the Grimm's skull killing it.

Ren walked over to the three, out of breath.

"Welcome back," Jaune said.

Ren abruptly fainted.

"Or not"

He turned to the two huntresses, "alright what about the giant bird?" Pyrrha began to look around before her eyes landed towards the cliff side. "Their" Jaune and Nora looked towards where she pointed so see Ruby dragging the Nevermore up the side of the cliff with the help of Weiss's glyphs and her own weapon. Ruby ran all the way to the top and proceeded to wrap the blade around its neck and chop it off with one final shot.

".......Jesus" Was all Jaune could say as the headless body of the Nevermore fell to the ground with a thud.

They made it back to Beacon with their chess pieces still in good shape. Jaune couldn't stop staring at his own piece wondering why they even needed these, but was answered almost immediately when Ozpin announced that students with similar pieces will be placed on the same teams. Everyone looked at their pieces, then at everyone around them to find their team.

Sure as shit, Jaune was on a team with Pyrrha, Ren and Nora. He was pretty annoyed that he was on a team with a loud mouth, but at least there was Ren and Pyrrha so that's a plus. The teams were being called up to be acknowledged and given a team leader. When him and the rest were called up, he was taken back when he was made team leader. Even though the rest of his team smiled at him and agreed with the decision, he on the other hand, felt a massive head ache coming along.

They were given one room number. Even after the first night where everyone slept in the same room, he still wasn't comfortable with sharing a room with other people. Again, his team didn't seem to mind. But with Jaune's sleeping habits he was worried. They each had a bed and enough space to have a little bit of their personal belongings next to the beds. Unfortunately for Jaune, all he had was his clothes, his weapons, a black trash bag that his team looked at with wonder.

Jaune began to take out blankets after blankets and pillows after pillows from the black bag, getting a questionable look from Pyrrha.

Once the night came, everyone was preparing to sleep. Nora was already in her pajamas while Ren was reading a book. Pyrrha was cleaning her weapon and Jaune made a nest out of the blankets and pillows near the closest window to his and Pyrrha's bed. Jaune looked around and scowled at himself, he forgot a blanket.