Could Have Been

"You did what!?!" Velvette screamed in shock watching as Vox was scrounging around their office room.

"Yeah- hey! Do we have a checkbook laying around?" Vox asked leaning back up from where he was bent over.

"Yeah..." Velvette raised an eyebrow at him holding up the tablet she was holding.

Vox laughed, "no- I meant a non electronic one."

She placed the tablet on the table and rested her hands on her face, "Vox... what are you doing?"

Vox continued to ignore her, "I could have sworn we had one laying around"

"Vox."

"Maybe it was in the drawer in the meeting room." Vox began to walk towards the door to leave, but Velvette got up and blocked him.

"VOX!" Velvette growled, "Last night you up and left and Valentino freaked the fuck out on me cause he couldn't find you! Then you come back and tell me you checked into that hotel like nothing happened?!" She gripped Voxs arms, "I was fucking worried about you! So I'm going to ask again. What are you doing!?!"

Vox sighed, "ok, ok. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to have you guys worrying about me like that. Especially you." He moved to sit on the couch, "that pathetic low level sinner got caught, I was just going to let him get killed, but... I had a realization."

Velvette sat next to him putting a hand on his shoulder, "about what?"

"If we want to get rid of the radio demon we need someone who can actually go up against him if things get out of hand, I can do that." Vox jumped back up to his feet. Adrenaline coursing through his cold veins, "we need someone who knows him, I am that someone! I know the inner workings of his mind on a personal level that others don't! I can create his downfall! The fucker won't even see it comming!"

"Vox. Is that actually a good idea?" Velvette paused, "well I mean in- in hindsight yes and I know I wasn't really there when Alastor was still around, but-" a concerned look washed over her face, "but last I remember you couldn't even take him on."

Vox straightened himself his demeanor changing into something sinniser, "things are different now." He looked to Velvette out of the coner of his eye, his eyes sharp, "I can take anything the fossil throws at me."

Velvette laughed looking vox over, "ok then big scary man."

Vox relaxed his shoulders letting out a small chuckle, "oh shut up." He put his hands on his hips and rolled his eyes, "Oh and by the way, I totally almost had him that time!"

Velvette giggled, "Sure you did."

"I did, he just got lucky that's all." Vox shrugged walking over to pick up a tablet and tapped in an order for a paper checkbook. "Look I may not be able to defeat Alastor in a fight, but if I have enough time to rig the game then I certainly can."

Velvette grinned, "seems like you got a plan this time then," Velvette looked down as relief washed over her. She picked up her phone that was laying on the table and clicked on Voxtagram, "Oh by the way someone needs to feed Vark he's getting restless."

"I'll take care of it, and I'll feed the others while Im at it to." Vox moved as a package delivery bot whizzed into the room and stopped infront of him, a little ding going off to notify it had arrived. Vox leaned down picking up the checkbook and the bot then left to fulfill more orders,"I'm going to go down to the Hotel after I do. Best to get this over with quickly."

"Fair, also I can't believe you're actually paying them," Velvette stated not looking up from her phone.

"Yeah, but success always comes at a price," Vox sighed making his way to the door.
"Alright, just be back before tonight! We have movie night and I'm the one picking this time!" Velvette looked up from her phone leaning her head over the couch to look at Vox.