Moving on

Wallter and Mannequin Mark divorced, and the tall concrete man took the custody of Lampert.
In this not so beautiful story, Lampert though not being a son like we all know, he is an artificial creation made by the former couple. He got rightfully treated as a child.
But maybe, falling into Wallter's cold hands was a mistake. Or maybe not.

Both of them were sad; a part of their lives would vanish forever. But there was no point in looking back.

Wallter was driving his car. Lampert was looking through the window. He had no idea what he was getting into.

-Pa, where are we going? -he said.

-My boy. -Wallter looked at the car window, to make sure both make eye to eye contact without causing accidents -Everything will make sense once we get there. But I cannot deal with sound for now. -He looked back at the steering wheel, disappointed.

-I'm sorry. -the lamphead said.

Wallter didn't respond.

Two hours later, they arrived at a snowy taiga. Lampert fell asleep in the car.

-My boy, put on warm clothes and get the axe. -Wallter said, without much patience. -We need to build a bed before 8 PM.

He looked at the car clock, one last time before turning it off. It was 2 PM. It seemed like it was noon because it was cloudy and a bit foggy.

-This is our new home -he said.

The "new home" was disappointing. It was just four logs, forming a square, and in the middle, a wood polisher and other tools.

-We'll have to build it all -he said, in a hoarse voice.

Lampert looked at the "structure", with not so much hope.

-What... should I do? -he said, doubtful.

-Chop that tree next to you.

It was a big, beautiful pine.

-Is it... Legal-

-YES IT IS! -he shouted.

Lampert shaked briefly and nervously, started doing attemps to take down the tree.

Wallter looked the surroundings. They really were out of society. But, it may be worth it. He realized it was taking too much time to cut it down, so he looked back. His son was doing stick figures with the sticks of the tree.

His heart warmed briefly. He then remembered that he didn't teach Lampert to survive in the wild, nor chop a tree. "I'm so careless..." he thought. Everything was happening very abruptly.

-Let me do it.

Wallter hit the tree twice, and it finally fell down. He then started to polish the tree with the wood polisher. After the log had no bark, he glued it to one of the already established logs with [].

-Dad, I thought you hated uhh... wood for building!
-And I still do, but you'll see what are we doing.
-What is it? -he was making a snowman with the snow.
-After we get the first phase of our base, we'll start trafficking wood.
-WHAT!? -he was appalled.
-What you heard, my boy.

Lampert looked at the ground for a long while. He was scared, but didn't want to disappoint his dad.

-W. Why...?
-Wood will be all for ourselves. Wood will fall. Concrete will dominate the world. But for that, we have to do an authentic mansion out of trees.
-But... what about the fire?
-There will be concrete in very specific parts, only for security. But for now, no tree must stand.

Lampert tried to make eye contact with his father.

-Oh...

Fortunately, they managed to build all the walls of the initial refuge, and an improvised bed made out of leaves.

That night, they made a campfire to eat pizza. Wallter stared at Lampert.

-I'm sorry for shouting at you -he said.
Lampert wasn't annoyed, he was looking at him, concerned.
-Will you be ok?
-Yes, I'll be ok... -he said.
-It's ok.

They hugged each other deeply. The family is not extinguished.