36|Family to Foe

Vote, comment & enjoy!

Kaida 'Indigo' Aoki| 21

🗓️Tuesday, April 1st

"How far yuh reach now?" Mari's voice booms throughout the car and I make the right turn onto Pris's street, "I'm down the road from her house" I answer and he hums.

He was currently in Mobay with Tsu visiting his mother and I decided to go look for Priscilla. She got discharged earlier this morning and I promised I would stop by to help out.

"Ah, make me know when you a leave. Mi ago get Tsu something fi eat before she start get miserable like her mada" he says and I laugh, "Mi hate yuh style sometimes eno" I say not disagreeing with him and he laughs.

"If she nuh take nothing from yuh she definitely gets that cause when yuh hungry is a different story" he says and I roll my eyes, turning the car off after parking neatly in her driveway.

"And yuh love me same way suh lowe me" I say eyeing Njay's car that was parked further up the driveway, "You being miserable a part of the reason mi love yuh" he says and I smile.

"Stop try sweet me up, you nah get nuh front when you come back" I tell him and hisses his teeth, "That's why mi did affi run leff yuh fi a day, cyah take the miserableness mon" he says and I laugh loudly.

"Goodbye Jamari" I tell him with a stupid smile plastered on my face standing out the front door and he wraps up the call with a, "I'll call you when we're on our way up".

Hanging up with him, I shoved my phone into my bag then knocked on the door. A few minutes later it opens and Njay stands there looking down at me with Naji in his arms.

"Hi Aunty baby" I coo stepping into the house and taking him from Njay's hands, "Yah behave yourself?" I asked even though he couldn't answer nor understand me but he's smiling so that's a plus.

"Mi just feed and change him, mi soon fawud ago pick up something and come back" Njay says and I nod not really caring.

I hardly ever spoke to him unless I needed to after finding out how he's been treating Pris all these years and after the things he said at the club the other morning, he was starting to rub me the wrong way.

Skillfully putting my bag down and kicking my shoes off while holding Naji, I walked to the room Pris was in and she smiled when she saw me enter.

"How are you feeling today?" I ask and she sighs, "I hate it but at least it brought Njay home" she says and I resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"I'm still trying to see why you go to these lengths for him when he could care less about you Pris. There was a shoot-out and instead of making sure you, the mother of his child, is okay he left you to cover yourself and you're talking about 'at least it brought him home'"