Kabanata 34

The wedding doesn't bore me. I always enjoy attending to different parties, but weddings are the most intimate ones for me. This is the day couples celebrate living life together. Promising each other the whole lifetime together. Through thick and thin. Promise to create many memories and maybe versions of you.

"I promise to love you forever. To take care of you, be with you and side with you. I will keep this promise with me until death do us part."

I wiped the tears scrolling down to my cheek. Dheia was sobbing on my side. Pumalakpak kami kasabay ng pag-anunsyo ng father.

Nilingon ko si Nicklaus.

He was standing on the side with his suits and glasses. Mapapansin mo kaagad siya doon dahil malaki ang katawan niya at matangkad. His hair is perfectly fixed. He looked so good. Mabango.

He wasn't even focusing on the newly wed. Instead, he was staring at me, waiting for me to look at him.

"I love you," he mouthed.

Lumunok ako at umiwas ng tingin.

I pretended not to see it. I looked at Dheia, who was busy crying. Danica left yesterday. She said it was an emergency, but I know it wasn't. May proxy naman kaagad na nakuha si Quinn, si Jia.

I couldn't look at Klaus. It was the first time seeing him cry like that. A cry of hurt. But it wasn't him who was hurt, but it was me.

"I'm so happy," Dheia cried. "When are you getting married, B? Please, don't make me cry."

I lauhed. "Matagal pa. Save your tears."

"Weh? Ready na nga si Klaus, oh."

"Stop..." I rolled my eyes.

She just made a face.

I stared at Quinn instead. She looked happy with tears in her eyes. I am so happy for her. She deserves it after everything that has happened. They both deserve each other.

"Yes, kakain na!" Allen said.

They laughed.

Hinabol siya ng batok ni Riley. "Ingay mo."

"Ay, sorry po, Father."

Lilipat na kami sa reception. Pictures are done, and we had a little bit of crying for the nth time. Kanina pa din umiiyak si Quinn at kailangan na iretouch ang make up niya sa sasakyan. Nicklaus, on the other hand, was just staring at me while I was bawling my eyes out with the girls.

Tinapik siya ni Juan. "Tunaw na..."

He didn't cut his stares. "Badtrip nga, napaiyak na naman..."

"Si Primo kasi."

He smirked.

Klaus and I took a photo together. Nakangisi si Dheia sa gilid habang tinitignan kami. Nakahalukipkip naman ang pinsan ko sa gilid. Klaus held my waist and put me in place.

He leaned to whisper. "Sakay ka sa akin mamaya..."

Ngumiwi si Allen. "I should get used to this by now?"

Hinampas siya ni Jackie ng bulaklak habang tumatawa. "Inggit ka lang."

"Mag-antay ka lang. Nililigawan pa ako..."

"Yuck, Allen!" Dheia exclaimed. "Tatlong beses ka nga binasted 'non."

The photo was finished. Klaus was still waiting for my reply.

Tumikhim ako. "Kay Allen nalang..."

He raised an eyebrow. He was about to talk but I had already left.