01 . "First love?.."

— ★ —

— ★ —

  “ Grandpa, who's your first love? ” Xingqiu's grandchildren asked him, eyes glowed in curiosity. Xingqiu could only smile at the kids.

“ First love?.. Hmm... His name was Chongyun. My precious, Chongyun. ” Xingqiu smiled at the name 'Chongyun' . Oh, how much he loved Chongyun, Xingqiu loved his pretty, light blue eyes, his soft, light blue hair, his adorable smile.. Everything! Xingqiu was head over heels for Chongyun.

“ Grandpa, could you tell us you and 'Chongyun's' love story? ” The children's eyes looked at Xingqiu with bright smiles that screamed curiosity.

Xingqiu chuckled “ Alright, this story goes back to when I was only a teen.. ”

★ . ★ . ★ . ★ . ★ . ★ . ★ . ★ . ★

      Xingqiu sat below a rather big tree on top of a gorgeous hill while reading his book. Time passes by and the sun was starting to set, he slides a bookmark into the book he was currently reading to mark his progress and closed the book to watch the sun set.

When Xingqiu was zoning out, someone suddenly put a hand on Xingqiu's shoulder—this started Xingqiu and he swiftly turned around to see his best friend, Chongyun. He and Chongyun had been friends for as long as he could remember, Chongyun was there for Xingqiu almost all his life! Chongyun was Xingqiu's ride or die.

“ Want some company? ” Chongyun smiled at Xingqiu brightly, waiting for an answer from the bluenette.

Xingqiu sighs in relief that it wasn't some Treasure Hoarders about to attack him “ My liege! Don't.. Don't sneak up behind me like that! ” Xingqiu jokingly scolded Chongyun.

Chongyun could only chuckle “ My apologies. Anyway, would you like some company? ” he asked again.

“ I would like that. ” Xingqiu smiled warmly at Chongyun.

The two talked until the sun set, while Chongyun was talking about something—he turned to Xingqiu to find him sleeping on his shoulder. Chongyun's face became a little pink but smiled warmly at the boy who slept on his shoulder. He tucks the hair out of Xingqiu's face and woke him up.

“ Xingqiu, wake up. It's night time, we should head back home. ” Chongyun shook Xingqiu to wake him up.

Xingqiu groaned and sat up straight, processing everything going on before snapping back to reality “ Huh?.. Oh, apologies, my liege. ” Xingqiu stood up and stretched “ Let's go, shall we? ” Xingqiu extended a hand to Chongyun.

Chongyun placed his hand on Xingqiu's and the latter pulled him up, the two walked back to their homes and called it a night.

— AT XINGQIU'S ROOM