1

Dedication
To my friend who had endless TBR, I'm sending more so you better get started.

Disclaimer:
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

___

A world where humans and demons co-exist.

Noe was walking down a trail in a forest and saw a white figure. He slowly pulls out his gun and is ready to attack this demonic presence. As he drew closer to this figure, he felt an immense amount of coldness, almost pricking through his skin.

The demon turned to an unfamiliar presence she felt nearby. She mumbled.

"Hello... a human... human..." She muttered timidly as she hid under the shades.

"Come out demon. Or do you want to be taken by force? I don't really want to hurt you." Noe tried to sound polite but there was no masking his intention to hurt her. He had a gun aimed at her head, he was confident to say that the demon wasn't a match for him.

She slowly stepped out of the shadow, revealing a pale white snow skinned, petite frame, long white hair that is touching the ground and a pretty face that is common for snow demons. She came out very timid as this is the first human she's ever interacted with.

"Hello...?" A soft spoken voice like a song.

"A snow demon, huh?" He commented.

It was the first time Noe had seen a Snow Demon with such a delicate appearance. He was taken aback by her image, but he soon snapped himself out of it and got back to his objective to kill this demon.

"You're really cute but I can't let you go." He said hesitantly, as his hand tightened on the gun's handle.

"I'm sorry but did I do something wrong? I've been in the dark for quite some time and I just woke up from my slumber." The demon muttered softly, a snow flurry floating around her head to cool down from the sun's heat.

His eyes followed the snow as it followed her head from his position. He looked in amazement as it was something he had never seen before.

"I've been informed that you belong with the demon race. It is my duty to hunt you down, demon." He said as he aimed the gun closer to her head with his finger on the trigger. "I've killed demons before, but you're the first that I see that I'm actually hesitating." He commented on his situation.

She tilted her head sideways. "You're a demon hunter, Mister?" She asked softly.

"I'm sorry, it's my first time talking to a human so I don't know how to interact with you." A voice so gentle and timid, no matter how cold snow is, it felt soft and warm when she spoke.

"Indeed I am. A demon hunter." He said with pride.

His expression grew soft as he heard her question. He was amazed by her politeness and he had never heard something so innocent.

"I'm afraid I have to take you down. It's my duty." He said apologetically while still pointing the gun at her head. His expression showed that he was starting to feel bad about hunting her down in the first place.

"I'm sorry you have to." She said sadly but politely.

He stopped and looked at her, unsure what to do. She was too polite, too innocent. He couldn't understand her reaction. He never had any demons act so submissive and polite. So he asked.