Roma fountain

»«

"It's okay to have fun company like you."

I nodded with a smile that hurt my cheeks because it was so big, and I started eating my food, savoring those hot pancakes and the melted cheese inside my mouth.

"This delicious!"

I whined to take another bite before raising my head to find the Roman painter staring at me with a smile that melted my heart just like that cheese and made the food stick in the middle of my throat.

I coughed a lot, which meant that everyone started staring at me, and my face turned red from suffocation. He straightened up, walking towards me with a cup of water and handing it to me.

Long seconds until I was able to regain my lost breath and he returned to his seat in front of me and anxiously asked me

" better ?"

I nodded to him as I grabbed a napkin from the table and wiped away the tears that had leaked from my eyes when I was about to die a short while ago.

"Are you settled here?"

I asked him with a curiosity that consumed me to know every little thing about this man. I would like to memorize all the details of his life and aspire to be a part of it.

“Only temporarily, I've been here for a while already but I don't intend to stay permanently.”

I hummed, understanding whether he was here for work or leisure?  And I couldn't stop myself from asking for an answer

"Why do you stay?"

“I needed a period of time to get away from everything, have peace of mind, and do what I love.”

" The drawing?"

I asked, tilting my head to give him a look of astonishment. He must have wondered how I knew, so I quickly made an excuse

“I saw you drawing at the bar before.”

"Oh, so then"

I actually bit my tongue so I wouldn't bombard him with more questions. I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable with me, but he made me smile all over my face when he asked.

"What about you ?"

"I'm on a trip with my girlfriend"

"How long have you been here?"

"Several days ago"

His eyes widened in surprise

“So I'm one of the first people you met here.”

"You're really the only one"

"No it's not true"

I furrowed my eyebrows when he denied my statement, then responded with a sideways smile that took my breath away

“Whoever met you first was the man from whom you begged for a kiss.”