𝐭𝐰𝐨 / faulty wand

" So this is Diagon Alley

" So this is Diagon Alley... " You muttered, eyes wide in wonder.

" Ollivander's over there. We should prob'ly go. " Hagrid pointed out, placing one of his big hands on your shoulder.

You gulped nervously but nodded nonetheless.

You were NOT ready! Absolutely NOT! You were no witch! What in the world were you even doing here? You should have just pretended to have never gotten the letter...

" Welcome! Welcome! " The owner greeted you, giving you a tired smile.

" Looking for wands I assume? Haha, of course you are! For what else would you be here? " He laughed, leaning on the counter.

You gave him a nervous smile and a little wave, and so did Hagrid.

" 'Ello! " He greeted. " Good morning. " You added.

" Now, let's not beat around the bush. Here Mister...? " Hagrid stiffened next to you as the wandmaker called for his name.

" Hagrid, sir. " You placed a hand on his huge back and tried reassuring him.

" Here, mister Hagrid. Try this one! Spruce, Dragon heartstring core. 13 inches. Sturdy. " He handed him a curious looking wand, and your half-giant friend waved it around.

It exploded immediately.

" Oh, definitely not! " Ollivander laughed, and you had to stifle a giggle of your own. Hagrid seemed to be really embarrassed, his whole face was quite red.

" Hmmm.. Let's go with this. Oak wood. Unicorn tail. 16 inches. Quite bendy too! " He tossed him a seemingly crooked wand, with a very curious looking handle.

Hagrid twirled the thing in his hands, and you watched as golden sparkles surrounded all three of you.

" Wow.. " You breathed out, giggling in wonder as the glittering substance tickled your skin and washed away your worries.

" Aaaah! Here, it's perfect. " Ollivander clapped, giving Hagrid a small bow. He smiled and backed up, urging you to try next.

" Hmm, and who do we have here? " The old man raised an eyebrow, teasingly smirking. 

" [name] Anastasìs. " You replied, stretching the hem of your sleeves as you offered the man a wobbly grin.