The Beginning

March 21st, 2017

Y/N's POV

It was a regular Tuesday morning in my little quiet shop with very little customers and consequently very little business. This wasn't unusual as of late which is really worrisome as it puts more and more of a strain on my finances. If this keeps up, it won't be long until I have to close the store. I let out a big sigh as I cringe at the thought of my parents seeing what I've turned their store in to in just a few years.

"Y/N! I need help!" My 13 year old sister, Chloe, calls from the back room.

"Coming!" I say making my way there.

"What's the matter?" I ask.

"I don't know what to do with this question." She says, pointing to the math question on her assignment book she was currently working on. I take a seat next to her and walk her through the solution.

"Thank you Y/N."

"You're welcome Chlo. You're doing really well. Keep at it." I say, before the sound of door chime echoes through the building. I make my way out to the counter to see a young woman with auburn hair walk in.

 I make my way out to the counter to see a young woman with auburn hair walk in

"Good morning, welcome to Aerona. Is there anything I can help you find today?" I ask.

"Oh, I have nothing in mind at the moment. I'd like to browse around." She says, smiling.

"Of course. Just to let you know, the two racks in the back are all 50% off. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. My name is Y/N."

"Thank you very much." She replies before wandering around. I watch as she spends a great deal of time around the dress section before moving on to the T-shirt rack. Eventually she approaches me with a few articles of clothing in her hands.

"Pardon me, could you direct me to your fitting room?"

"Of course. It's just at the back, on your right hand side." I say.

"Thank you." A few minutes later she re-emerges and walks over to me with her selection. I take the unwanted items and call out to Chloe.

"Chloe! Could you get these ready for restocking?" I ask. Chloe walks out from the back room and nods.

"Thank you." I say before turning my attention back to the customer.

"My apologies to keep you waiting. Will this be all for today?" I ask as I scan the one dress she had decided on. It was light blue, with a hip slit on the left and made from cotton.

"Yes, thank you. Was that your daughter?" The woman asks. I chuckle.

"Oh no, she's my sister. Your total is 48 pounds. How would you like to pay?"

"Credit card please. You and your sister run a beautiful shop." She says as she pays.

"Thank you. It's seen better days, but we try our best to keep it as cozy as possible." I say smiling. I place her dress in a paper bag and hand it to her along with the receipt.